Chapter 13 out

We kept running turning every so often. Newt stayed next to me the whole time.

We got to the end of a wall and Tomas and minho stopped everyone. "Grievers?" I asked. "Yes" Tomas responded out of breath. Minho handed chuck the device "chuck you hang on to this.".

Everyone didn't know what to do but newt spoke up"Well we all bloody knew we'd have to fight, let's get it over with"

"Your right, we get out together, we get out now, or we die trying.... LETS GO!!" Tomas yelled and he ran around the corner we all followed with weapons raised.

The grievers saw us and started towards us. The two groups collided and we started doing anything to get past them.

I tried to use my powers and blue came out and I blasted a griver off the ledge. I saw chuck about to fall of and I tried to get my powers to get him up. Surprisingly it worked and I got chuck up.

Me and chuck ran over to the door. I blasted some more grievers as we ran and we got in.

A screen appeared and it looked like we need a code. Teresa, who i didn't even know was next to me yelled to Tomas. "Tomas we need a code 8 numbers" I could see Tomas thinking and he yelled at Minho "MINHO WHATS THE ORDER TO THE MAZE"

"7...1...5...2" he started but got cut off by a griever landing on him.

Jeff ran forward and started hitting the griever. Jeff got stuck and the griever ate him and retreated behind the other grievers.

Minho continued "6...4...8...3" the screen turned green and the walls started to close crushing the grievers. When it stopped the door closed engulfing us in darkness.

The other door opened and light poured in. I walked out first.

We walked down a hall and at the end there was a door. We stopped infront of it preparing ourselves and minho opened it.

We walked in and there were bodies everywhere. Some looked like doctors and some looked like soldiers. There was a window and it was another room with 2 people covered in a white sheet with a big spot of blood.

We kept walking and found a big room with a lot of technology.

We looked around and we're all silent. "What happened here?" Newt asked breaking the silence. "I have the feeling we don't want to know" Minho replied.

Suddenly I saw a big red circle. It looked like a button so I pushed it.

A woman appeared on the biggest screen in the room and started talking.

"Hello, my name is doctor Ava Paige. I am the director of operations at the world in catastrophe killzone department. If your watching this, that means you've successfully completed the maze trials. I wish I could've been there in person to congratulate you... but circumstances seem to have prevented it. Im sure by now you much all be very confused, angry, frightened. I can only assure you that everything that's happened to you, everything we've done to you, it was all done for a reason. You wont remember but, the sun has scorched our world. Billions of lives lost to fire, famine, suffering on a global scale. The fallout was unimaginable. What came after was worse. We call it the flare, a deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable, incurable... or so we thought. In time, a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. Suddenly there was a reason to hope for a cure, but finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested, even sacrificed inside harsh environments, where their brain activity could be studied, all in an effort to understand what makes them different... what makes you different. You may not realize it but you are very important. Unfortunately your trials have just began as you'll no doubt soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow people are scared. It may be too late for us... for me... but not for you. The outside world awaits. Remember wicked is good." She said as she raised a gun to her head and with the last line she pulled the trigger.

We all just stood there shocked. Teresa looked like she was about to cry.

I turned to the door "let's get out of here" i said with confidence. Everyone was about to leave when we heard a familiar voice .

" you can't leave" I turned around and

"Gally?" I asked confused and everyone gasped as he was holding a gun and looked awful.