Chapter 6 Banishment

I woke up to Minho looking down on me " wake up ugly shank" "minhoooooo let me sleep" I said very annoyed. "No, I just wanted to say bye before I left." "Ok bye minho don't die in the maze" he smiled at me and took off running towards the maze.

I sat in the pit most of the day just fantasizing about newt. I also slept a little more. I woke up a few hours later and saw newt heading in my direction

"Hey Sammy, Alby told me to come get you" he said as he unlocked the pit. I climbed out and followed newt the door.

He gave me my stick and we all waited for minho to bring Ben. After a few minutes we saw Minho walking out way with Ben, he has his arms tied by his head and he was mess. He didn't look like how he did when he was stung thank goodness for the grief serum.

Ben was crying and begging us to not do it and I wanted to run and help him but I didn't want to get banished too as I am already on albys last nerve. We closed up the circle surrounding Ben and minho cut the ropes.

Ben looked at me and said: "Sam please don't let them do this. It wasn't my fault. Please please please" I turned my head away so i wasn't tempted to go.

The doors shook as they started to close Alby yelled over the sound "POLES" all the keepers lowered the poles including me and we started moving forward pushing Ben into the closing doors. We kept moving closer and closer until Ben was in the maze... the doors shut and everything was silent.

I started crying as I really liked Ben, he was really nice. Alby spoke up "he belongs to the maze now" they all walked away and I collapsed on the ground crying. Newt was still there and he put my head in his chest to comfort me.

"It's ok love." He said very quietly. I sat there and was crying my eyes out
—————
NEWTS POV

I sat there comforting her in my arms and I looked up and saw gally glaring. I then remembered she still needed to be In the pit.

I wish I could take the punishment for her. I love her, I've loved her since the first time she fell asleep on my shoulder.

I looked at her and said "come on love, you should go back to the pit" her eyes were red and puffy from crying and I can't really blame her for that.

I stood up and put my hand out for her. She grabbed it and we walked over to the pit. I opened the pit for her and she climbed in, I was about to close the door but I just wanted to be with her. I climbed in after her and closed the door behind me.

"What are you doing" she asked me while sniffing. "I want to stay with you" I said confidently but also gently. She smiled at me, why doesn't she smile more, she looks really pretty when she smiles

She cried herself to sleep and I was comforting her the whole time making sure she was ok.

Minho walked over and said quietly "newt what are you doing in there, albys not gonna be happy with you" I looked at him and then I looked at Sammy "I don't really care he can be mad at me if he wants but she needs me right now" Minho just nodded and walked away silently.

I felt asleep on Sammy, she makes me feel so amazing that words can't even describe it.