Chapter 12 blur

We got to the council hall and tried to barricade the door. Everything went silent for a minute, we thought we were safe. The a griever tail sung in and broke a branch making the whole roof collapsed.

We lost Clint in the chaos and we were trying to hold the grievers back. One grabbed chuck and I sprinted forward to grab chuck, so did Tomas. "Don't let go" someone shouted. Chuck screamed back "no shit"

Alby, who I didn't even know was here, started hitting the grievers tail and the stinger came off, there was a period of silence when all of the sudden the griever grabbed Alby.

Tomas tried to grab Alby but it was too late. He was gone. We got out and gally was walking towards us with a few other gladers. He came up to me and punched me in the jaw.

Newt and Minho grabbed gally. Gally started shouting "this is all your fault, everything has always been your fault" i looked at the stinger and I could tell Tomas had the same idea.

I snatched the stinger and plunged it into my leg knowing whatever memories it showed wouldn't be good but I needed to know. I hit the floor hard then there was blackness
——————
I woke up in the pit. Newt was next to me with the grief Serum injector. "What we're you bloody thinking Sammy" newt asked with a concerned look.

"I-I just needed my a few memories, maybe they can help." Newt looked at Minho, chuck, and Tomas who i did not know was here. "Well are your memories gonna help" Minho asked.

"Yes" I responded simply. "Also question why I'm I in the pit?" Newt looked at Minho, chuck and Tomas. "Gallys got everyone convinced that your the reason all this is happening, well you and tommy"

"What this is absolutely ridiculous, how is this my fault" they looked at me and I could see the wheels Turning in newts mind. "I think I know how we can get out of here without getting anyone thrown back into the pit"

"Minho go get the device you and tommy found in the maze" minho ran off while newt explained the plan. Minho came back and we told him the plan and they told Tomas. Me and Tomas acted like we were still unconscious and waited to put the plan into action.

About ten minutes later some of gallys friends came over to the pit and dragged me and Tomas out. We got over to the doors and gally was giving some stupid speech.

I could hear that Jeff and fry spoke up against gally and there was some yelling and next thing I know I was being lifted up and tied to a pole. I kicked the person tying me to the pole and punched them in the face.

Tomas got the hint and started beating the people restraining him. Chuck, Minho, Newt, and Fry came over cut me free and gave me and Tomas weapons. There was a few boys on the ground unconscious.

"You guys don't have to come... but we're leaving if you want to come nows your last chance" Tomas said with confidence.

A few gladers came over to us. I looked over at the few boys who didn't join us. "Gally... please just come with us, we'll be free". Gally looked at me for a minute "good luck against the grievers"

Knowing I wouldn't get anyone else to come I turned to the doors and started to jog, the boys followed me until I told Minho to take the lead as only he and Tomas knew where to go.

We ran for a long time and newt came over to me out of breath, his limp more noticeable than ever.

"What do you think we're going to find outside of the maze" newt asked me out of breath. "I don't know, but I'm willing to bet it's going to be better than inside the maze" i said confidently.

He nodded and minho called out to everyone to take a break to eat. I got out my dinner and started to eat. Chuck newt and Minho were by me and no one was really talking. Chuck tried to joke around and wasn't getting any laughs.

We were all terrified although no one really wanted to admit it. We just knew we could all die.