Sad Emotion and Dreaming Girl

Nao pov

"Shut up," I warned the h/c girl standing behind me. She stopped talking and turned her head away. I felt bad the second her face dropped and her smile was replaced with a frown. 

"Just don't be so loud," I say turning to face y/n. She nodded but stayed silent. I screwed up again. I think to myself sighing heavily and turning back around to look at the passing students. One of the was Yu Otosaka, the guy we were currently after. 

"Nao, Nao, Nao!" a voice screamed at me. I blinked and raised my head to see that y/n and Takajo were all standing in front of me. 

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to teleport all three of us ever again." I snap at him getting to my feet. y/n presented her hand for balance. I took it and gave a small glance at her utterly blank face. Of course it had been a dream. I mutter in my head. She tilted her head at me sensing my emotions. 

"Are you feeling alright Nao?" she questioned removing her hand from mine. I nod and turn to Takajo. 

"Sorry about that, now, back to the mission." I say trying to ignore the headache that was painfully making it hard to do anything even stand. The mission went as it was supposed to. The three of us were able to get Yu Otosaka and his younger sister to the school. 

Me and y/n silently walked to our own houses. I led her to her apartment building within the school grounds. She stared at the door and rummaged through her bag. After a few minutes she stared up at me blank faced. 

"I can't find the key," she said bluntly. I gently take the bag and begin to search for her house key. As I search y/n starts to speak. 

"You were disappointed towards me, why?" she questioned. I think back to early that day when I woke from the dream. y/n was still staring at the door blankly her e/c were dull and her mouth was held in it's everlasting straight line.  

"It's nothing, besides you wouldn't even care." I say dismissively. 

"I wouldn't care. People tend to care about others so I was trying to be similar. Answer the question." she said. I found the key and shoved it and the bag back into her hands. She took them and unlocked her house. 

"No," I say in a final voice. She scrunched up her nose but her face stayed emotionless. 

"You're annoyed with me now. I'm sorry for being like this." she said and stepped into her house shutting the door on me. A moment I heard the door lock and I let out a sigh. 

As I walked to my own place I thought of how me and Takajo first discovered y/n. It had been a few years ago and we were on a hunt for what Kumagami had explained as an emotionless emotion detector. Me and Takajo were both puzzled by the explanation but we traveled to Osaka to find the girl in question. y/n was a plain girl who was without any friends and yet she kept a giant notebook on every single student in the grade. People would come to her for advice on what someone's mental state was for the day. She had saved a few kids from getting severely hurt or even dying. People thought y/n to be creepy but when I first saw her beautiful skin tone, e/c and h/c I instantly thought her wonderful. It took no time to get her settled into a house at the new school for ability users. I tried to make y/n feel welcomed but her abilities downside was lack of emotions. She felt absolutely nothing, not even physicals pain which concerned everyone. You could stab the girl and she would just let the blood spill from her as if she was still going about her day, because of this I stayed as close by to y/n as I could. 

I was attached to a girl who just stated what my emotions were without knowing what it was like to actually feel them. 

That night when I went to sleep I dreamed that y/n regained emotions. I was so excited for her and she seemed to no longer be able to tell what I was feeling. A relief. 

"I can feel now Nao!" y/n cheered. She then lowered her voice and bit her bottom lip a bit nervously. 
"But it's weird to call people by their first names isn't it." she mumbled. I nod but then quickly put my hands on the girls shoulders. 
"But I like it when you call me Nao, I can call you f/n if you'd like." I say. 

I woke up after that with tears rolling down my cheeks. My alarm was blaring in my ears telling me to wake up.