Love Emotion and First Feeling

Nao pov

The world started to move at a fast pace for everyone. Ayumi died and secrets about Yuu and the rest of us were discovered. Ayumi was saved again and before I knew it the idea of Yuu leaving to take away peoples abilities was posed to us. Me and y/n were sitting on a bench outside the school. y/n was staring at nothing in particular  and I was weaving my hands in and out of her hair. She turned suddenly and raised her hands to her mouth lifting her lips to make a smile. I hold back laughter. 

"Food?" she said. I nod and the two of us get up. I walk with y/n to the cafeteria where we grab a few sandwiches. y/n eats her so fast that I'm basically on my third bite when she finishes. 

"You were hungry weren't you," I say with a small laugh. She nods. 

"Happy, you're happy." she says with a strange look on her face. 

"I'll be back in a bit." she says suddenly. y/n gets up and walks off. I'm left there by myself staring at my sandwich. 

y/n doesn't return for about twenty minutes but when she does something about her is different. Her face is twisted in a way that I'd never seen it. I get up so quickly that the chair is knocked to the ground getting the attention of a few kids in the room. I rush to y/n and ask if she's alright. 

"Yeah, I'm good," she says. I'm not convinced. I'm not sure what to say to her but apparently she has something to say to me. 

"Your beautiful," she said in a soft voice. I say nothing at first but then her lips parted and she smiles. 

"What do you mean by that? You're not able to...you know," my eyes widened when y/n leans in and wraps her arms around me.

"Yeah but Otosaka took away my ability." y/n said in the soothing soft voice. I stumble backwards and when I break free of y/n's grasp I just stared in shock.

"Why?" the question was stupid but I felt like I had to say it. Of course yuu took her ability away but he didn't have to do it yet. 

"What am I feeling right now?" I ask anxiously. y/n shrugs. 

"From my study of emotions you look distraught and anxious,"  y/n says with a small look of worry forming on her face. 

"This feels weird," she said suddenly. 

"Of course it feels weird, You haven't felt anything since you were really young. Now it's all coming back to you." I say a few tears forming at the corner of my eyes. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready for y/n to be able to feel. I don't want this right now. I mean, I want it but I can't have this happening right now. 

"W-want to go on a walk?" I manage to say hoping the fresh air will help me and her. She nods and we begin to walk. A few minutes into the walk around the school campus y/n forces her hand into mine. I bite the inside of my mouth to keep from squealing with joy. y/n had done this many times before but she hadn't been able to feel anything. Now she could feel and was doing the exact same thing. It was honestly really cute. 

"You said I was beautiful," I say to y/n in a soft voice. 

"What did you mean by that?" I continue. y/n stops walking and stares off in the distance. Even though now she is able to feel emotions her expression was completely blank the way it used to be. 

"Honestly, I'm not sure. You are beautiful but I'm not sure what I even meant by that. It's confusing and it makes me feel like I want to run away from everything and hide in a hole and never come out." At the end of y/n's little rant she sucked in a huge breath of air. The two of us are quiet for a while standing with our hands linked together staring off into the distance. At some poine Yuu and Takajo along with Yusa come to find me and y/n to announce something in the student council room.