Fear Emotion and Can I?

Nao pov

It had already been a year and a half since Yuu had left everyone. It was Saturday and Takajo along with y/n were hanging out together. I was sitting in my room waiting for the two to return. In the past year and a half y/n had only ever let go of the doll I bought for her when she was in the shower. She kept the doll with her at all times. At some point the two of us learned how to sew clothing for the little doll. I made clothing that resembled my own clothes. She loved it so much and watching her love the doll that was so much like me made me happy. 

Today she wasn't very happy. 

I got a call from Takajo-kun while I was reading a manga called Witch Hat atelier. I close the book and pick my phone up to hear two sounds. Takajo screaming bloody murder panic and y/n crying. 

"What's going on Takajo?" I ask trying to tune my ears into the background noise around the two of them. They seemed to be in a safe cafe setting. What happened. The sound of cafe music and people chatting were clear in the background of the call. What happened and why was my dear y/n crying? 

"She started to panic for no reason." he basically shouts into the phone. 

"Where is her doll?" I ask trying to calm my own voice. It would do us no good if everyone was frazzled at once. Takajo was quiet for a second then he responded. 

"She has it. She's crying into it and calling your name." Takajo says also trying to calm himself. I chew the inside of my mouth. 

"Get her home as fast as you can. She can stay with me for awhile," I say. 

"Alright, y/n wants to talk with you while we walk back to the school grounds," Takajo says and a moment later y/n's on the phone sniffling. 

"Nao?" she timidly says into the phones. I smile lightly to myself. 

"Hey there y/n. Are you doing alright? What happened?" I ask her. There's a pause on y/n's side of the phone and a bit of shuffling before she responds. 

"I started thinking about You and Yuu. At first I began to wonder weather or not Yuu would succeed and what would happen if he didn't. Than I thought of what would it be like if you had been the one with Yuu's ability and had to leave..." she trails off. I can only hear her and Takajo walking to the school. 

After awhile I hear a knock on my door and I fly up from my seat on the ground to open the door. There is Takajo with a anxious look on his face hands protectively resting on y/n's shoulders. The moment that y/n's e/c meet mine she's in my arms hugging me as tightly as she does her doll. Takajo lets out a sigh and leaves. I guide y/n into the room and sit her on the bed beginning the process of layering the two of us in piles of pillows and blankets. 

"Settle down y/n. Yuu will be fine. He'll come back to us, so don't worry about him." I say trying to calm the girl down. She nuzzled into me and hugged my waist tightly. I pat her h/c hair and begin to hum random notes. 

"Are you sure he'll be back? It's already been a year and a half and he hasn't returned. There has been barely any word of him and and and-" y/n stops talking. 

"He'll be back, I promise Yuu will be back." I say to her. We are silent for what seems like hours. At some point y/n nods off and so do I. 

When I wake up y/n is still settled in my arms. She looks like she's been awake for a little while. 

"What time is it?" I ask her. She shrugs and leans into me. 

"Hey Nao?" y/n says, I look at her trying to figure out what emotion she's feeling. It's nerves by the look and sound of her voice.

"Yeah y/n," 

"Can I-" she pauses and chews on the bottom of her lip trying to figure out a way to ask whatever is on her mind. 

"Can I kiss you?" she asks closing both her eyes tightly as if expecting me to get an run or something. About a trillion thoughts race through my head but they all say the same thing. Yes of course!

"Yes you can," I say smiling. She leans in and I'm pretty sure both of our hearts sped up about three times too fast. It was short and sweet. Nothing major and yet when y/n leaned away from me she and I were both smiling widely.