_6_

CALL A SPADE A SPADE

I will make the title of this message, "Call a Spade a Spade".

"Call a Spade a Spade" is a figurative expression used by all. It just means that you should speak bluntly, that is, come clean.  We all don't like the idea of a person beating around the bush. No one does. "If you want to speak to me, speak to me direct. Don't go through the corners".

Guess what? The Bible is direct too. I admire the fact that the Bible does not sugar-coat nor beat around the bush. It is as clear as ever. The Bible says in Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart".

According to the title given, call a Spade a Spade! I believe no one can sit on the fence and we both know that. It's either you are at the right or left. If you are given two path, it's either you choose the one at the left or the right, you can't stand in the middle.

Also, it is said in the Bible in Matthew 6:24 "No-one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other..."

You might be wondering why I'm saying all these. Well, that is because not all tell the truth to the world. We sugar-coat God's Word alot and I'm here to tell you to call a spade a spade. Be clear, just as the Bible is clear. We claim to be Christians, Children of God, but our characters and daily lives deny Christ. The World needs to see Christ in us. It's a must! We profess to love God but we do not delight in keeping His commandments. It's not good that a person cannot easily spot you as a Child of God. Imagine this: Being asked if you are a Christian? That could mean your behavior and lifestyle does not portray you as one.

I want us to look into the Bible and see what it *CLEARLY* has to say to *US*.

I want you to personally pick out the common theme in the Bible Verses below:

– Deu 5:10.  "but showing love to a thousand generations, of those who love me and keep my commandments".

– Deu 7:9.  "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands".

– Deu 10:12, 13.   "And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask if you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the LORD's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?"

– Deu 11:1    "Love the LORD your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always".

– John 14:15.   "If you love me, you will obey what I command".

– John 14:21.    "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me".

– 1 John 2:3.     "We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands".

– 1 John 2:5.     "But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him".

– 2 John 1:6.      "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love".

Other Bible verses you can check out are: Deu 19:9, Matt 28:20, 1 John 15:14, John 15:10, John 8:51.

Now, what do you think is the common theme in all these Bible verses?

The Bible has said it all. If you love God, you will keep His commandments. You would never choose the commandments you wish to obey and the ones you won't.

The Bible never said, "If thou loves me, thou shall keep the commandments ye pleases and leave the rest. The Lord your God will understand". 😂😂

We all ask God for provision, protection and more but we are too selfish to follow him fully. We divide our hearts by longing for worldly things and pleasure. The truth is bitter. We say we put Him first but our lifestyle and character doesn't portray that Christ is in us.

I won't go mentioning God's commands nor will I tell you what you should do or shouldn't.

As long as you profess that you LOVE God and you BELIEVE in Him, you know what glorifies and pleases Him and you know what He wants from you and what He does not want you to do. Therefore, you have the freedom to choose your MASTER: The WORLD (Devil) or GOD.

That's what I want to state clearly to you. You can't have two masters. It's either you give God your all or you don't. Don't decieve yourself! ☺️🙏

God bless you as you do so. Please, let's try to make the world see Christ through us. We are a chosen Nation. We must be different. Remember what Jesus will not do, don't do it. ☺️😉

Thanks for reading. ❤️☺️