_7_

Pls read😏

"God when!"

"Omo! Na money I just want oo"

"I just want to enjoy my life to the fullest"

"Na to follow my heart be the goal oo"

I shake my head as I think of the words and turn back to Sarah. She sighs and says, "I know I say those things but... It's temptation that is causing this. God is tempting me. I don't want to seek the things of these world but he is tempting me. I will just be seeing opportunities to go wild but I'm trying to fight back. God why na?"

"God?"

"Yes," she nods.

"God doesn't tempt"

"He does. It is a way for Him to know if you are faithful to Him," she tells me. I shake my head in disagreement. "I know what I'm saying. God tempts".

"He doesn't. The Bible in James 1:13 says that...'When tempted, no-one should say, "God is tempting me". For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone"

Her eyes go round as she stare, slack-jawed. "Did the Bible really say that?"

"Yes na," I chuckle. "Do you even read your Bible?"

"I won't lie. I don't really read my Bible much. Does the Bible have all answers?"

I smirk and place my hand on her shoulder. "So far...I've found all my answers in the Bible so yes, it does. From my experience, the Bible has all the answers. You need to check it out yourself. You will be amazed".

She nods but her face goes somber in a flash and she fiddles with her fingers, her eyes swaying left and right.

"What's bothering you?"

"Who is tempting me then?"

I smile at her before it turns into a scowl. "The devil of course. The devil is like, 'If I'm gonna die, I must not die alone. You all will fall with me'. _Temptation is a sign that Satan hates you, not a sign of weakness or worldliness_".

She frowns. "Na wa oo!"

"The devil is always looking for a way to draw Children of God from their Heavenly Father. Just like the story of Job, he wants to prove God wrong that we do not truly love Him. He wants us to miss the reward of Eternal life. He just wants us to be destroyed with Him when the judgment day comes. That's how wicked he is".

"Mtcheww!" she hisses and folds her arms across her chest.

"_While temptation is Satan's primary weapon to destroy you, God wants to use it to develop you. Every time you choose to do good instead of sin, you are growing in the character of Christ. Every temptation is an opportunity to do good. God develops the fruit of the Spirit by allowing you to experience circumstances in which you're tempted to express the exact opposite quality. On the path of spiritual maturity, even temptation becomes a stepping-stone rather than a stumbling block when you realize that it is just as much an occasion to do the right thing as it is to do the wrong thing_".

"Oh my! Thanks for sharing this. I'm so grateful. I'm definitely going to write down what you have said so I can always remember it when temptation arises. But how can one overcome it?"

I smile again. "Dear, I want to tell you this but it's getting late. Just remember that there is always a way out. Maybe we can meet up later. I will share the characteristics and the steps to overcome temptation. Are you interested?"

She smiles and embraces me. "Yes! I am interested".

Thanks for reading. Are you interested in knowing the characteristics and steps to overcome temptation? If you are, please notify.

God bless you for reading. Amen. ☺️

Pls comment your opinion on temptation 🙏🙏🥺🥺

The words in italics aren't mine. It's from a wonderful book, "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. ☺️