chapter 5

It has been a week that yibo saw Zhan but after that if was as if he vanished in thin air. He still had not told Emily about Zhan. As she was busy with her week and was traveling.

He planned on telling her today at dinner. As it is her 3rd year wedding anniversary with her husband.

"He is back" yibo said. They were in the kitchen. Emily was preparing food and yibo was helping to cut fruits for salads.
"Who is back" Emily asks.
"Zhan and he also has a son" yibo said.
Emily froze she thought Zhan would come back alone. But this totally opposite of what she thought.
"He is married??" she asked.
"Don't know, but.." yibo stopped as he realised what he was going to say.
"But what" she asked.
"Umm, nothing. Oh, I wanted to ask about the file that I left where is it" yibo asked changing the topic.
"Oh, it is in my drawer." She replied.
"Which drawer???" Yibo asked.
"The drawer in my room" she said.

Yibo was searching the document in all the drawer in Emily's room when he spotted a letter in one of her drawer. Something about the letter attracted him.

He took the letter in his hand and started opening and reading it. He just froze in the spot where he was. It was the letter that Zhan gave to Emily before he left.

Emily entered the room as thinking why yibo was not down yet. "Yibo what happened did you not get your document" she asked.

Yibo did not reply her but just asked "what is this" showing the paper in his hand.
"A letter" she replied confused.
"Yes and from whom" yibo asked again.
"Maybe of someone why are you asking this kind of..." Before she could complete her eyes fell in the open drawer where she keeps her important stuffs. Now she knows why yibo is asking these questions.

She tries to take the letter away from yibo's hand but fails as yibo stepped backwards.

"Why did you not tell me" he asked.
"I don't know, but whenever I tried or thought of telling you the word I trust you stops me, I am sorry" she said hanging her head down.

Yibo did not say anything but just walks out. He does not even reply when Emily's husband asked what happened.

He walks out of the house and calls his secretary.
"Find all the information about xiao Zhan from 4 years. Where he was whom he was with. What he was doing. I don't care how you find it but I want all the information in my desk tomorrow morning and I don't wanna listen I am sorry I couldn't find. It will be the last day of your life if I get to hear it and I swear it." He said and cut the call without listening to what the secretary wanted to say.

The whole night yibo did not fall asleep. The next morning he went to his office

"Sir,may I come in" his secretary asked.
"Yes" he said.
"Sir, xiao Zhan was in a relationship 4 years ago with you. But it came to an end as he broke up with you. It was exactly 3 months before the break up that xiao Zhan had a check up and when the results came out, it was confirmed that he was suffering from a deadly diseases and the doctor conformed that he could only survive 5 years and then we'll it's all up to god. He broke up with you and went to France. There he worked as an artist. Now he has his own studio. Not only that it is said that he has his own company but unfortunately we couldn't get its name. Three years ago he met A-yuan.  They got connected very fast. He adopted him as his son. Now he is back to China with his son and his personal doctor wen qing." He said.
Yibo wanted to run towards xiao Zhan and scold him for not telling him. For leaving him alone. But he wanted to know what happened in the past four years.

"He has 3 friends one is wen qing his personal doctor. The other 2 are Jiyang and houxuan. They are a married couple. There is a rummer that xiao Zhan will leave the country soon..." Before he could complete. Yibo stood up and ran out of the office. What if xiao Zhan leaves again. What will he do. He does not wanna lose him. Not again. He ran out leaving a dumfoled secretary there
"But the rummer can be most likely to be wrong" he(yibo's secretary) completed his words looking at the door.