8 | cult

"no one, not even a damn celestial, is going to take my memories of you away — take you away, even if i have already lost you."

NOW

NOW

As it turns out, hiking through the Amazon with still healing wounds isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. So as the mighty, powerful, fierce Eternals trekked through the jungle, Khaos was hanging off of her brother's back. After twenty minutes of her quiet winces and gasps of pain — but refusal to actually complain — Ikaris told her to accept the piggyback ride so they wouldn't have to hear her anymore. Though really, he just didn't like seeing his sister in pain.

The cute sibling moment made perfect content for Kingo's documentary, who filled the long hike with prying questions and stories that would be included.

"Fifty bucks says Khaos kisses him when we get there," Gilgamesh said, earning a glare from Khaos.

"No way!" Kingo exclaimed, grimacing. "Druig is just the worst. She can do better. I mean, she's got Sam Wilson and Thor, but she picks Druig? The boy is a stick with a bad haircut."

Khaos liked his hair, but she didn't offer that aloud, knowing it'd lead to teasing.

"If anything, she's gonna stab him," Sprite muttered, making the others laugh.

Khaos felt her brother's chest rumbling with a chuckle, so she pinched his arm. He turned his head to grin mischievously at her. "We've all wanted to stab him at some point. Take deep breaths — that always helps me from killing him."

"She's not going to stab him," Sersi said, rolling her eyes with a smile.

"She might," Thena said, smirking. "Or I'll do it for her."

They continued through the Amazon with far too much commentary about Druig than Khaos would prefer. But really, they were trying to ease her nerves about seeing him again. She appreciated the sentiment, and the jokes did help take her mind off things. But it also distracted her from figuring out just what the hell she would say to him.

As they reached the outskirts of the small village, Ikaris set Khaos on her feet. With a nod, he went ahead of the group and they began searching for Druig while also studying the small, rustic community.

"It's very nice here, Sir," Karun said, looking around at all the peaceful people working in harmony.

"Don't be fooled," Karun said. They knew better than anyone how mindless these people were. "Ignorance is bliss."

"Did he start a cult?" Khaos whispered, raising an eyebrow. Karun's camera was on her. "This feels like cult shit. Do they even have electricity? Showers?"

"So primitive," Kingo agreed. As far as inventions went, showers, air conditioning, and coffee makers were his favorites. "Seriously, one call to Phastos and he could fix this whole place up."