12 | brother and sister

"khaos. don't do this."

NOW

NOW

A restless anxiety that Khaos had never felt before battle was creeping up on her. She had never gone against Ikaris, against her brother. None of them had, and for that, they couldn't help but think they'd fail.

Those of them that remained assembled to put on their armor. The familiar black suit that fit like a second skin morphed around Khaos, bringing her a little comfort. She raised her hand to her chest and watched as Phastos's bracelet latched onto her wrist, the gold shining against the matte black material.

"I've always wanted to add some color to this thing," Khaos said, a small smile on her lips.

"Ready?" Sersi asked, looking at them all before finally looking to Druig. It was all on him now.

"Ready," he said, nodding.

The Domo sped to the Indian Ocean where the Emergence was beginning. As Thena remained on the ship to hopefully lure and distract Ikaris, Druig went down to the base of the erupting volcano with Makkari, Sersi, and Khaos.

"It's time to put a god to sleep," Sersi said, trying to hide how nervous she was.

Before Druig could activate the Unimind, Khaos grabbed the collar of his armor and pulled him down in a passionate kiss.

"I love you," she whispered, pressing their foreheads together.

"Til eternity," he finished.

With a shaky breath, Khaos stepped back, joining Makkari. Druig turned the bracelet on his wrist, activating the cosmic energy. Each of them felt their bracelets tapping into their energy, drawing from them.

One by one, they all were suspended in the air, golden energy flowing from them to Druig. His eyes began to glow and he reached out to Tiamut with his mind. Before their very eyes, the rumbling earth began to calm and the volcano slowly began to settle back down.

Druig was putting a god to sleep.

Sudden, cosmic beams struck Druig in the back, knocking him to the ground and breaking the Unimind. Ikaris flew at him from behind, ready to end this.

Khaos's feet had barely grazed the sand as Ikaris grabbed Druig by the throat.

"I should've done this five centuries ago."

They couldn't even react as Ikaris flew them both high in the sky. Then with unmatched strength, he threw Druig toward the earth with as much force as he could. Cosmic beams burned into Druig as Ikaris pummeled him into the earth, deeper and deeper, until there was nothing left to fight.

Khaos's mouth was open but she couldn't even muster a scream, only a hoarse cry.

But Ikaris wasn't done there. He flew back toward the Domo and in one sweep, cut it in half with his beams. The ship was sent crashing to the ground, and Makkari ran Khaos and Sersi out of harm's way just in time. Then she rushed Thena and Phastos off the ship and to the safety of the beach.