Ch.11: Reminise

(Don't own photo)

Please read the note at the end! It very important due to this part being in Luigi's perspective from the Illusion in the Treacherous Mansion. Enjoy.

••••~~~~••••~~~~••••

Luigi slowly made his way to the elevator, all that was on the poor plumbers mind was you. You and him specifically, your relationship and how he probably had just ruined it. There was so much going on and so many complications, one being this hotel and his lost brother and Peach, the others being King Boo and Hellen Gravely.

King Boo... Luigi disliked the boo but was more terrified than that horrible feeling. He was really neutral when it came to such hateful feelings, but you were hurt because of that boo. You were still the same sweet girl he adored but you were so broken. It took so long for you to get together again to talk and chat like nothing had ever happened, like that first kiss didn't mean anything. Did you even remember that kiss?

He didn't know, he didn't want to know. Especially if the answer was yes followed by something negative. But in the bathroom it seemed like you wanted him to kiss you, it felt like something was going right for the first time, then it all came crashing down. He felt like he was to forward, but he meant what he said and every meaning it could've been interpreted. He wanted you to wait for him, so he could protect you, for you to give him time to gather his anxieties and confess to you, and to let him find the right words about what happened in that portal.

The portal. It still felt like it all happened yesterday. Like all the things you both accomplished and surpassed was all in the span of a few hours but took more than just a few hours. It took months, years even, for you both to get rid of the trauma and the pain. You especially. You weren't yourself for a long time, and it felt like he was the only person who saw that. After all he was the only person in that portal with you. He remembered it so vividly, it kept him up most nights. Your words, your actions, your confessions. It hurt, you hurt.

Luigi sighed, trying his best to keep his focus as he entered the elevator. But as he pulled out the button it all seemed to hit him like a truck as he remembered every small detail from your past adventure.

He was so happy to find you, but it turned sour at the state you were in. You were curled into a ball when he found you. Your sobs echoed into the void. It wasn't hard for him to pick up on the fact you were whispering to yourself, and having an argument with someone that wasn't there. He called your name but you didn't respond, instead you cowered trying to sink into the darkness that surrounded you both. For the first time he didn't just feel horrified, he felt so lost and heartbroken. You were curled up, covering your ears and slightly rocking yourself as tears dripped from your chin. He didn't know how long you were crying for but he knew deep in his heart that he wanted so badly to be your hero, to save you from this horrible nightmare.

Once again he called out to you, and this time you lifted your head. He felt his body tense when he noticed your misty eyes, it was abnormal or more like supernatural. Your usual (e/c) eyes were now glossed over in hazy hues of magenta and violet they almost resembled... he gasped.

"What happened to you (y/n)?" He couldn't stop the words from leaving his mouth. He quickly cupped a gloved hand over his mouth, and he could see you flinch back as those words ricocheted off the void around you both.

"I... I hurt." Your words were slurred as you placed a hand against your chest, and for a moment he could see your true self reflecting in those hazy eyes. But just as quickly it disappeared.

He didn't know what to do, or what to say. He was completely frozen with fear and awe. Even like this you were still beautiful, you were still you in his eyes. Luigi took a cautious step forward but nearly leapt back when you hissed in pain. You had lurched forward, cupping your wrist letting out a croaked sob. He bared witness to the sudden rumbling of the illusion around you, lilies began to sprout and surrounded your fetal position on the floor. Who could've guessed that even in a moment like this you were still so beautiful, so human. Luigi stuttered in his movements and he stumbled forward nearly toppling over you. He caught himself, turning back to see the lilies beginning to crumble into ash as he stepped through the surrounding brush. You didn't seemed fazed by it, only watching and unmoving as each one crumbled in Luigi's presence.