Ch.3: The Eleventh Floor

(Don't own photo)

Edited: 8/13/21

The first thing you felt once you woke was your aching sore body, everything was felt from the way your fingers twitched to the pounding of your heart. You tried to steady your quick breathing while also trying to open your eyes, everything felt ten times worse than what it originally felt before. Slowly you opened your eyes only to quickly shut them, the light gleaming from an open window blinded you, even then your vision was blurry, in one slow motion you steady your arm to push you up, which, took most of your strength. Your eyes scanned the room before you, you tried to stand but your legs felt to weak to move, you tried to determine how long you were asleep only to feel a massive headache.

You groaned at the fuzziness that blocked your vision, letting your eyes adjust once again the hand that was free gently caressed your temple. After awhile of easing your headache you felt underneath you, realizing you were on a bed which was surprisingly comfortable. You let your palm rest gently on the pillow you were once cushioned against, all the events that happened before made you reach for your flashlight to make sure you weren't stripped of the only protection you had. Once your grip found the flashlight you gave a gentle squeeze, finding the strength to get out of bed, gently stepped off the bed hearing a crinkle your gaze located the sound coming from newspapers scattered along the rooms floor.

You gently picked up the paper realizing it wasn't in any language you could read, with a wobbly step you stepped toward the window seeing the full magnificent blue glowing moon. A few second of trying to keep balanced you looked at the room you were in, it reminded you of a circus, the hoops, and the painting of a tiger jumping through a hoop of fire. After walking around the room you noticed a mirror, your reflection was still you, you gently grazed your finger across your cheek noticing that you were slightly pale, gripping the flashlight you started to walk toward the only door in the room. A cage in the middle of the room caught your eye, it was open. Your mind realized it was a bird cage, suddenly there was a flutter of wings you quickly flashed your light around noticing birds in tiny cages on the ceiling now realizing what the newspaper was for. The crunch of the newspapers drowned out most of their squawks and flaps as you reach the door you noticed your shaking hand, you took a deep breath in and a deep breath out trying to remain calm.

You opened the door noticing right away you were in a bathroom, you noticed the flowers pultruding from a magicians hat on the windowsill. Everything in the bathroom was nice and clean, nothing screamed any warning signs except for the ducks, which there seemed to be a lot of scattered around, and also the fact it felt like you were underwater from the gleam on the tile walls. You quickly made your way toward a door on the right, in the next room there was a big stage area, you walked over to a table which had the same rose flowers in a magicians hat. You noticed two doors and one on the other side of the room, you gently clicked open the door on your left. You tiredly walked through noticing a pot pouring tea into a teacup, you glanced around the room trying not to freak yourself out by the bed atop a pillar of mirrors in the room. You walked around it finding another dark brown door on the other side, you gently swung it open noticing another bathroom with nothing worth looking into. Softly shutting the door you went to the door that was reflecting on the mirror, you walked into a hall like room, and another door was across from you but you decided to see the rest of the room before going through another door. Right in the center stood a statue of three girls, there names were carved along the golden plate at the base of it,

"Nikki, Lindsey and Ginny.." you said their names aloud noticing that they all looked the same, nothing to go off of to know who is who.

You gently stepped away from the statue and over to the other door, deciding to ignore the aching in your legs. Twisting the golden nob you were greeted with an octagon like shape on the floor with white duck-tape, the room was littered with lit candles and a gloomy atmosphere, Everything in the room gave off red flags. You gently tapped the door and waited, nothing came out of hiding so you made your way to the door on the rights side of the room. There were toolboxes full of swords, and a white comforter. You let your hand run along the comforter making you remember the moment you walked into the lobby and what happened to you. The image of that sinister smile on King Boo's face made you clench you're fists, quickly opening the red curtain covered door.