Ch.1: The Invitation

(Don't own photo)

Edited: 8/13/2021

You glanced out the bus window, slightly bored from what looked to be the same trees flying by. Although you were bored you were happy to get to sit in the back of the bus, even though it wasn't much of a choice with how much luggage was brought. Due to how much luggage was brought the first two rows were packed, besides the last two in the back. You weren't the only one to sit in the back though, there was a yellow toad whom was quietly reading a book while a blue toad was tossing a baseball. And just as you were beginning to pay attention to the ball, there was a slight bump in the road that caused the baseball to fly under Luigi's seat. This moment caused a shiver to run down your spine at the thought of Toad being the driver, it scared you a little it was terrifying when ever he turned a corner, just the thought of the bus tipping filled you with anxiety.

To try and distract your racing thoughts you glance up at Mario and Peach, sitting in the very front of the bus. They were smiling and laughing as they spoke to one another, they were such a cute couple. It did make you a tad bit jealous, knowing she had already gotten into a relationship, even though it wasn't surprising. She was a princess, and very beautiful. Mario on the other hand, was courageous for even thinking about saving your friend from that giant lizard a few months back. They made a perfect couple. The thought of their relationship brought the red plumbers brother into your head.
You glanced over at Luigi, he was snoozing away a slight snore every now and again and the way his breathing was so calm like there was no care in the world, it was adorable. A good look compared to his horrified expressions you once seen him have.

You were glad to be on this vacation get away, being a very good friend of Peach and Mario for more than a handful of years, and not to long ago Luigi. Although it did surprise you that you were sent an invitation too, of a very secluded hotel with an astonishing view and the pictures were absolutely gorgeous. And once you heard Luigi had agreeing on going there was no doubt in your mind that you too would gladly go.

It was weird to be apart of their adventures and you even helped Luigi with Professor Elvin Gadd's ghost problem a couple year back. After you and the green plumber defeated King Boo there was just something in you that clicked after he embraced you in the moment of victory.
It could've been the way he was overprotective of you the whole time, willing to put himself in front of you, or maybe it was the way he was so timid and shy when you met.

You let out a sigh, about to put your pillow on the shelf across the isle due to Peach over packing, but she was a princess so it didn't surprise you. Suddenly the bus turned sharply going over a bump, you let out a gasp quickly trying to grab the seat for support but failed. You ended up falling onto Luigi's side, already feeling your body tingle. The Italian jumped awake looking down at you, a noticeable blush beginning to form along his cheeks.
You quickly got up trying to find words to describe what happened but you were so terrified, luckily, almost on que, a ghostly dog flew out from the green suitcase next to Luigi. The pup jumped into your arms and licked at your cheek, you gave a quiet chuckled as the dog cuddled close to you, all of your worries drifting away. You glanced up at Luigi and smiled awkwardly,

"Sorry about falling on you, you know how reckless Toad can be driving." The brown haired Italian shook his head smiling up at you,

"D-Don't worry, I understand. I just hope you're okay." He had a hint of concern in his slight Italian accented voice as he spoke.

You nodded feeling the ghostly dog jump out of your grasp and into Luigi's lap. You gave another smile not before glancing out Luigi's window seeing a shadow loom over the bus, you leaned forward more looking outside the window and gawked at the massive hotel in front of your (e/c) eyes.