Chapter 6: The beginning of the move

Mark Pov:

We finally arrived at Ethan's house after about a 10 minute drive... Unlike California, Maine's weather was cold and rainy. I liked it a lot better to be honest. But I still wouldn't move to Maine if it was to save my life....  Well maybe.

I would have to rethink that one...

We went inside with silence following us, not an awkward silence thankfully just a comfortable one. His house was a bit small compared to mine but I wasn't judging... I noticed that their were boxes around some that were filled with items and some that were still empty. A click clack of paws could be heard walking towards us, I turned to see a medium sized dog with brown,white, and black mixed fur. He had his tongue out looking at us (especially me).

"Well uh sorry its a little messy... I kind of rushed to get anything packed and ready.." Ethan said while looking down...

"It's not messy at all, what's the little guys name?" I asked while nodding my head towards the dog that was now at Ethans feet looking at me.

"Oh! It's Spencer..."

I squatted down real quick and put my hand out for the dog to smell which of course he did. He eventually started jumping on me and licking my hand and face.
"Spencer down! Sorry about him..."

"Oh it's alright my dog acts like this too sometimes!"

Ethan nodded his head and looked around, "well uh where do you want to start?'

I looked around again and he didn't seem to have a lot of stuff as it played out.

"I suggest we can start carrying the boxes that are already filled with stuff out to the car. From what I've seen you don't have a lot so it should be very easy..." I said, still continuing to look around.

I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye and he walked off down a hallway which is what I assumed to be his room. I know we had already popped the trunk of the car so it was supposed to be easy to do. Instead of flying back to California we were gonna drive, which was going to be a very long road trip but hey gives me more time to get to know Ethan! I picked up a box in the living room and carried it outside to the car... I still hadn't gotten used to the rain and cold weather of Maine but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I didn't know how long I had been standing there but soon enough Ethan came through the front door with two boxes in his arms, they might have been heavier than his own body weight. I walked over and got one from his arms and he carried the other one and we put it in the trunk.

"What's in those ones?" I asked, nodding my head towards the two boxes.

"Oh they are my computers, I didn't think  they were gonna be that heavy tho..." Ethan said while looking down.

---Time skip cause i'm not writing all the box trips--

(still marks pov)

We finally got all the boxes packed, not a lot as I said. We still had space in the back seat for Spencer of course, we put a blanket in the back for him and he jumped right up and laid down.

"We have a long drive ahead of us don't we?" Ethan asked while looking at his now old house.

"Ya a 49 hour one, or if you wanted to say it in 2 days and 1 hour... Plus if we need to stop anywhere!" I continued, "I'll be the one driving if that's alright.."

"Ya of course! You're probably the better driver here anyways... " he said looking at me really quick then away it looked like he was blushing but I couldn't tell with how quickly he looked away from me.

I took the keys from him and walked to the driver's side. I opened the door and climbed in, Ethan was already in and had his seat belt buckled,

"How are you so quick-" I asked generally being confused
"I'm small and short thats how" He giggled after saying that which made me laugh a bit.

"Alright let's get heading out shall we?" I joked in a weird accent.

We both laughed after a minute and slowly started to calm down,
"We shall" He joked back in a weird accent as well....

----
Ethans Pov:

I do have to say that Mark was a fun guy to be around, he made the atmosphere light up around him. Almost like he's the sun ready to make everything and everyone happy. It had been about 20 minutes since we had just begun driving.  And unfortunately for me I hadn't eaten anything all day so instead of just being quiet my stomach growled a bit and I guess Mark heard it as he looked over at me.

"You hungry?" he asked, even though I was, I didn't want to waste any time..

"Ya but we can't waste any time.." I'm not sure why I went more quiet at the end of my sentence.

Mark nodded and went back to driving listening to the radio quietly playing underneath the sound of the low rumble on the car and the soft wind blowing into the windows we had cracked for purposes of the cars ac went out after 10 minutes of running it. Which would've concerned me but it wasn't my car it's a rental I had one more payment on... which I guess would technically make it my car- I heard my phone ding and I looked down, the last payment was made... It was now my car which had the AC out. I still had around roughly $230 still in my bank account, i'm sure that would be enough for gas and food for me and Mark.

I looked over at Mark, his hair was about shoulder length and had a bit of curl to it. His eyes looked like a pool of chocolate that you could just dive into.  His lips were a fost neutral color, they were parted a bit which showed his white teeth that were in the front. I had never noticed it before but he had a piercing on his ear, I couldn't look at the other ear but my guess it was pierced as well. The piercing looks like a black diamond. He also had a bit of a beard going on but it looked like it just recently had been shaved. He was wearing a black t-shirt with white lettering on it. As I went farther I noticed he had a slip on brace on his ankle.

"What happened to your ankle?" I said quite suddenly as he jumped a little and looked over quickly.

"I just tripped on something and sprained it, nothing to worry about really..." He said. He was lying and I knew it but I decided not to push into the subject any further.

Instead I looked out my window and laid my head down back onto the seat headrest (idk what it's called). And slowly I drifted off to sleep....

-------
End
Word count: 1,216

Jesus did it take me a short amount of time to write this. I've just been really busy with school and my job that I haven't had any time to actually write. Anyways happy late one year anniversary to Unus Annus!
Buh bye!
-Your least favourite person