°Xiao x Reader°

Title:Unexpected Interaction
Fluff-ish

This is something I wrote in school and it wasn't meant to be published, more like an exercise for me, but I don't have anything new to post rn so here it is.
Reader has huge social anxiety but it is adapted to the fictional world.
In short:This is literally scrap I wrote to practice.
___________________________________________________________________

I met a man so magical, is he even from this world?
A few days ago,he saved me from monsters.His spear dashed through them and they were gone in a second,he didn't even blink.Oh how captivating that scene was, his eyes glowing bright yellow as he stared at his victims as if they're his prey.As if his sharp glare could cut them in half,his dark hair swaying in the wind revealed only half of his face,looking over his shoulder at the monsters and as quickly as he appeared, he disappeared.Did he even notice me?

That man was in my dream last night. I don't remember the last time I dreamed of something.But he was there,standing and giving me his hand to grab,to climb up from the void I was in.But he did not have any wings,there was no light behind him like some books described.He wasn't an angel sent to save me.When I grabbed his hand,behind him was the same darkness, same void I was getting out of.I did not make any more steps,it felt like eternity as I got away from my void and entered his.It felt the same, as if nothing changed and he wasn't there.If I didn't feel slight warmth from his hand I wouldn't notice he was there.
There my dream ended,and as soon as I woke up I couldn't remember what he looked like.Only his sharp yellow eyes stayed in my memory, I cannot picture him at all.Who is this man?And why is he suffering like me?Or was it just an illusion made to trick me, to trick me to think I am not alone?

I searched in my books about this phenomenon, but nothing matched what I experienced.I asked Verr Goldet about the man,and as soon as our interaction ended, I sprinted to my room replaying those 10 seconds in my mind over and over,finding mistakes that I did and cursing myself for every move.

Then I realized something.
This man made me do something horrifying.Something I tried to escape from.But without a word spoken,without giving me a single glance or any sign that he knew I exist,that short moment when he saved me made me forget what I was originally doing, what I was originally escaping from.And I spoke,spoke with someone else for the first time in months.I did not do that since the day I came to Wangshu Inn.

Did I even hear what she said?I was so focused on myself and my image.I tried to be normal, but it's draining.
Xiao...Xiao is his name.I hope it is.

"Ah you have met the adeptus,he goes by Xiao and appears here and there when he feels like it.If you want to ask him something bring him almond tofu on the balcony.But he's a... difficult person."

Verr spoke more than me, but somehow I still hated myself for numerous things.I almost tripped when I walked to the woman, I stuttered with a simple question,she must've thought I was weird.I couldn't focus on her eyes properly and my hands were shaking, I stuttered again as I thanked her and ran away with my head down,like a scared puppy.

Now I know his name,Xiao,and I remembered the book I read it in.Vigilant Yaksha...Conquer of Demons...Alatus...Adeptus Xiao...
he had many names but Xiao is the most recent one.The only living of the five Yakshas saved me.I am thankful,really thankful but I do not dare say it to him.I would just bother him.As an adeptus he has other things to do and I understand.

I thought that was the end,I thought my life will go back to what it was before he saved me.But it did not.

I couldn't get him off my mind.
What can I do? I decided I'm not coming near him, much less searching for him.So why can't I just forget him?