Chapter 8

It's been almost 2 weeks since Veronica decided to start a new life in Riverdale or better get back to her old one?
Linda knows that her mother has no intentions of going back to New York and she's more than fine with that. 'No more Chad and more Daddy' she smiled when Veronica carefully explained her point.

Her daughter's father is next to her now. He stands in the kitchen and looks completely lost. He wants to help but doesn't know how.

"You would help me a lot if you could prepare a little snack for her" Veronica smiles. She can read Archie like a book.

"Sure tell me what to do" he says. He won't admit it but he's relieved. The silence between them was not really awkward but not comfortable either.

"I have some animal crackers here. Just put some peanut butter on it and by some I mean some and whatever kind of fruit we have. I don't even know. Strawberries, bananas, grapes, anything"

"Mhh sounds yummy. I love peanut butter and crackers"

"I know" Veronica smirks "I went through hours of painful labor just to give birth to a mini version of you. Thanks for reminding me"

Archie chuckles. His eyes linger on Veronica for a second longer before he puts a bunch of animal crackers on a plate.

"So um Archie, I have a question"

"Mhm"

"Since Linda and I are going to stay here, can you help me turn my parents' old room into Linda's and maybe make mine look less.... less 17"

Archie chuckles "of course Ronnie"

"Thank you. I really appreciate that you're here despite everything that has happened. You're here for Linda and you even help me"

"Ronnie, she's my daughter. I will always be here to help. And just because I — well you know, doesn't mean I didn't love you. I promised myself after that, that I will never let you down again, so I'm here whenever you need me"

"Thanks" Veronica smiles.

"Do you want to eat something too?"

"No thanks. I don't like peanut butter. Maybe I'll eat some yogurt"

Archie simply nods. Veronica chews this inside of her mouth before she grabs three glasses and a water bottle "Linda do you want a snack?" she yells into the living room.

Within seconds Linda sits in 'her' spot at the table.

"I made cracker peanut butter banana sandwiches" Archie smiles proudly as he places the plate in front of his daughter. The little girl stares at the bunch of little sandwiches. It's two pieces of crackers with some peanut butter and a thin slice of banana in between.

"Cool!" Linda grins and puts two in her mouth at the same time"

"A mini version of you" Veronica giggles. Archie smiles even more than before but doesn't say anything. He disappears into the kitchen and come back with some more mini cracker sandwiches for him and a bowl with some yogurt and fruits for Veronica. He remembers how much she loves that.

"Thank you Archie"

"No problem"

"Daddy when I'm all done can I have some of your crackers?"

"You eat your food first baby. Daddy is hungry too" Veronica says

"I can make you more if you're still hungry" Archie mumbles with his mouth full. It makes Linda laugh and Veronica roll her eyes. Archie saw that and he absolutely loves to tease Veronica even more. He loves the face she makes when she's annoyed. He dips his crackers into Veronica's yogurt and it takes less than a second for Veronica to slap his hand away. "Get your peanut butter away for me"