Chapter 15

With a wide smile Archie walks back into the house. He just dropped off Linda at Cheryl's. Linda was super excited to spend time with her favorite auntie and also Toni. She waved goodbye to Archie before she grabbed the girls' hands and pulled them into the house.

Archie is excited to go out with Veronica. He expects to find his beautiful girlfriend in a beautiful outfit ready to go. Instead he finds her sitting on their bed in sweatpants and one of his hoodies with a few different dresses next to her. Tears are streaming down her cheeks

"What's going on love?" Archie asks surprised. He pulls her up and into his arms. She buries her face in his chest and cries.

"I don't know" she sobs

"Oh Ronnie" he sighs. He pulls her closer. Gently he presses his lips to the top of her head. "Did anyone hurt you?"

She shakes her head. "Nothing happened. I don't know. I'm just sad. I know we were supposed to go out but—"

"Baby we don't have to do anything okay? We can hang out here. We can cuddle and order food and watch a movie or whatever you want to do. I just want to spend some special time with my girl. We can go out another time"

Veronica pulls back. She looks up, into Archie's eyes. Her eyes are red and puffy. "Really?"

"Of course" he nods

"You're not mad?"

Archie cups her cheeks and leans his forehead against hers "Why would I be mad? I want you to be happy. If staying home is what makes you happy today, then we'll stay home"

"But you were so excited to go out"

"I was excited to spend some mommy and daddy time. We can spend mommy and daddy time anywhere"

Veronica closes the gap between their lips. She feels so much better, so loved and supported.
"Thank you lover" she whispers

"No need to thank me"

"Archie, one question. Look at the dresses on the bed. I couldn't decide which one to wear. Tell me which one you like the best. Just so I know for next time"

Archie smiles. "I know for a fact that you look gorgeous in all of them. I like the black one, it's simple, it's basic. You can wear it for almost every occasion. The white one is super cute. It's a sweet summer dress. The dark blue one, oh my goodness Ronnie you look so breathtakingly beautiful in it. It hugs you in all the right places. It shows enough of you but not too much. I love that one. I'd pay you to wear that day and night"

"I like that one too" she nods with a smile. "Do you want me to wear it? I'm sorry we're not going out but I at least want to be pretty for you"

"Ronnie my love, you are pretty. You are so beautiful. You don't have to put on a dress. I mean if you want to I won't stop you but sweatpants and a hoodie are totally fine. I just want cuddles"

"Fine" she smiles "but I'll put one the blue dress next time we go out"

"I would love that" Archie smirks as he places another big kiss on her lips "are you sure you're okay? Did Chad contact you? Talk to me please so I can help you"