Chapter 14

It's been four months since Veronica and Linda moved to Riverdale. Just a few weeks ago they moved into Archie's house. The old guest room is now Linda's. The room is every little girl's dream and Archie was more than happy to make it look exactly like Linda wanted it.
Hiram told Veronica to keep the apartment and let someone rent it from her. So that's what she did. The money she makes with that she puts on a savings account for Linda.
Linda also started kindergarten last week. Her school is close to her new home. Just a 15 minute walk. Sometimes Veronica and Archie both walk her to school in the morning and enjoy some alone time on the way back. Even though a lot of big things changed in Linda's life, she's happy.
Veronica has never seen her daughter so full of energy. She adores Archie. He always makes sure to give her all his attention.
Veronica is happier than ever too. Archie showers her with love every single day. He's still exactly the boy she fell in love with as a teenager and she's so happy that he's the father of her child.
All three go for walks or play games or have movie nights. Everything Veronica ever wanted.

She even found a great dance studio for Linda just 20 minutes away from their home. She has practice three times a week. On Mondays Archie takes her, on Wednesdays Veronica and Saturday mornings they all go together.

She loves her new dance friends and her teacher. The group was preparing for a show and since Linda learns quick and had experience, she's allowed to dance with them.

It's Friday evening. Linda sits on Veronica's lap behind the stage. She's wearing a pink tutu. Her hair is up in a bun. She even had a little bit of make up on. Backstage are a bunch of little girls and their moms. Everyone is excited and walking around, getting a few last things done. Only Linda sits still.
"Why isn't daddy here yet?" she whines. Her eyes are glued to the big doors. She can see them from back stage.

"I don't know sweetheart" Veronica responds.

"He's just like Chad" Linda says as she crosses her arms in front of her chest. Her hope slowly fades and is replaced by disappointment and anger.

"No Linda. Your father is nothing like Chad and you know that. I'm sure there is a logical explanation for why he is late. I'll call him again. Don't worry"

"Okay" the little girl sighs as she wipes a tear out of her face.

"Mi amor I promise he's trying to get here. I don't know why he's late. He'll tell us later. Focus on your dance and have fun okay?"

"Okay mommy" Linda says as she turns around and wraps her arms tightly around her mother. Her head rests on her shoulder.
Veronica places a big kiss on her forehead. "I love you so much baby. I need to go back to my seat but I'll see you later. You're going to be amazing. I'm so proud of you"

"Thank you" she says with a smile.

"Come on Linda!" One of the little girls giggles as she hold her hand out to her. "Before every show, Miss Rose has a few words for us"

Veronica kisses Linda's cheek, then lifts her off her lap. "Bye amor" she whispers.

Linda waves as she follows her new friend to where the rest of the girls are.

Veronica immediately reaches for her phone and calls Archie again. She's send straight to voicemail. "Where the hell are you?" she asks herself.
She chews her bottom lip and nervously plays with her fingers. Just as she was about to sit down on her chair, she can see Archie walk in through the doors. His eyes land on her immediately. He runs over to her

"Oh my gosh Archie, where have you been?"

Out of breath Archie pulls Veronica closes and pecks her lips before he answers her questions. "Traffic, where's my baby?"