Chapter 7

Next morning, Severus woke up and sent a quick note to Mark through the floo.

"Mark, I might need you to come later today and give Potter a full check-up. Severus"

Then he made his way down to the kitchen. He sat down and thougt. Toppy said that the boy threw up his meals half of the time. He had to think of a way to keep the food down before Mark could give a check-up to find the solution. The boy could not afford losing or missing any more meals. He accioed a vial of nutrition potion just in time he received his morning coffee from Toppy.

"Toppy, you said that Potter threw up after his meals. Do you know any way to prevent it ?"

"Hmm, Toppy once heard that drinking milk before meals helps, Master Severus, sir"

"Ok, Toppy. And can you make us pancakes and bacons for breakfast ?"

"Of course, Master Severus" -  the elf replied cheerfully and popped away.

Usually Severus would eat healthily and he didn't eat pancakes or sugary stuff for breakfast . But he was sure Harry would like it and Severus wanted to cheer the boy up after last night. He froze. When had he come to care for the boy and his happiness ?

Half an hour later, Harry came down looking sad and unsure, as Severus had expected

"Good morning, Potter, come in "

Harry came to the table and looked surprised at his plates. They got pancakes for breakfast. He had only got them once last week as a snack from Toppy. He smiled and sat down.

Severus' heart skipped a beat, Harry's got Lily's smile. And he would do anything to see it again.

"Po...Harry" - Severus decided to call the boy by his given name. It would remind him that Harry was not like his father., not arrogant and definitely not spoiled. And Harry didn't need to jump anytime his family name was spat out by his hated professor anymore. He has experienced enough trauma and horror and nervousness. Even though Harry hadn't comfirmed it, Severus was sure he had experienced those. At least Severus' father only abused him when the man was drunk or there was accidental magic, and he never starved Severus and Severus' ribs had never been as visible as Harry's.

"Yes, sir ?" - said Harry surprised 

"I want you to drink the milk and this potion first. It is a nutrition potion" - Snape said handing Harry a glass of milk and a vial of potion.

Harry complied and they started their breakfast

Severus was done when Harry was half way through his breakfast. He waited for the boy to finish. 10 minutes later, Harry started to pick at his food which was 1/4 left of his breakfast.

"Are you done, Harry ?" - Severus said softly.

"Yes, sir" - Harry replied quietly

"Alright, let's have a talk about your relatives, is that ok ?"

Harry nodded but he had started to get nervous. Severus placed a hand on his shoulder, ignoring the flinch and led Harry into the sitting room. He sat Harry on the sofa next to him and ask Toppy for some tea.

He had never had tea with the boy. Severus spend most of his time reading and didn't really know what the boy was doing, perhaps playing with some toys or reading. Harry had only gone flying in the garden for 2 times.

In reality, Harry had been wandering around Severus' library, occasionally took off a book that looked interesting but usually, they didn't keep him occupied for long because they obviously weren't meant to keep kids amused. He didn't have any toys to play with because... well, you know. He had done a few of his homework. Sometimes he would reread his old schoolbooks or look at his photo album.