Chapter 28

The next 2 days at Prince Manor were spent nursing Harry back to health, which Severus did while following Mark's instruction to words. On Friday, Harry woke up groggily when Severus was about to cast a charm to check his temperature.

"Good morning, Harry. How are you feeling?"

The boy looked up, blinked a few times, and answered.

"Uhm, good. Much better"

The man waved his wand and determined that his temperature had gone back to somewhat normal and that he was well enough. The boy was still too warm yesterday morning.

"Your temperature is alright. Do you want breakfast now or later? It's only 6 am"

The boy looked up at him as if trying to process what he was talking about.

"I want breakfast now"

"Alright, go change out of your pull-up, then go down to the kitchen"

Severus walked behind the boy and watched as Harry stumbled to the bathroom due to his legs not being used for a couple of days, before going to the kitchen to make breakfast. He let out a sigh that he hadn't known he was holding in since the boy got sick.

Severus went into the kitchen just in time to see Albus walking in from the garden. The man had that ever-twinkling look in his eyes that Severus couldn't understand how someone could keep for so long.

"How's Harry?"

"Better" - he said as he moved to the stove and got out pans and food for breakfast.

"Good, I take that he's going down for breakfast?"

"yes"

"Just so you know, I haven't had breakfast" - the old man said innocently.

Severus rolled his eyes. He pondered on what to give Harry for breakfast, definitely not sugary pancakes. It should be something not too heavy, but not porridge. The boy had been eating porridge the whole time he was sick.

Albus leaned over the counter looking at Severus' back.

"So" - he started - "What do you think about a vacation?"

Severus frowned.

"Harry deserves a trip, don't you think? It's summer! Not to mention he has never had one" - Albus said, with a sad tone at the end.

"Well, not today, not tomorrow. I'll think about it" - Severus said.

Severus made some eggs, toast, sausages, roast tomatoes, and some beans. Just as they were finishing setting the table, Harry came in.

"Harry!" - Albus exclaimed, a bit exaggerated if you asked Severus, though.

"Good morning, headmaster"

"Come here" - Albus opened his arms and engulfed Harry in a hug.

"I'm glad you're better. You gave your father a fright when you didn't get better before Mark came. First time, you know?"

Severus sneered at the man while Harry blushed at the title. They had only signed the papers a few days ago after all. Harry was still coming to terms with the fact that he had someone who cared about him.

They got seated and started breakfast. Harry looked at his food as if he saw heaven.

"If you don't think you can keep them down, I can make porridge" - Severus said, he was not going to risk letting his efforts of nursing the boy back to health be wasted.

"No, I want this. I've been eating porridge for dayssss."

"That will remind you not to keep your sickness a secret"