prologue

Author POV
"doctor, is my friend okay?!", eric asked.

"his condition is a bit severe. the accident caused too much damage to him and that caused him to be blind temporarily for one month. it based on the patient though, he can take more or less than that for his eyesight to recover again...", the doctor said and eric nodded his head in hesitant.

he didn't believe what he heard.

eric quickly dashed into the room to see sunwoo who had his eyes covered, sitting up on the bed, playing with his fingers.

"sunwoo...", he slowly out called his name.

"eric... right? what did the doctor said about my condition?", sunwoo asked.

eric sighed before he told him the truth. sunwoo on the other side who couldn't believe what happened just stayed silent.

"im sure you will get well very soon, sunwoo. and about your conditions i will tell teacher about it, don't worry.", eric tried to reassure the frightened boy but it didn't really work.

"... what about my parents? did they come?"

the room filled with silence.

"sunwoo..."

"its okay, i know the answer already."

-

"ju jinyeon!", the teacher called out.

"yes teacher!", she replied as she followed her teacher, walking out of the classroom.

"jinyeon... i know you are still new to this school, but could you help this one student? he got into an accident and had his eyes blind temporarily. can you help giving short lecture of important notes about what the teachers teach everyday to him?"

"as in tutoring him...?", she asked.

"yes."

her mouth left agape as she nodded her head in hesitant. she couldn't reject after all, she didn't have the guts to.

"ah good, thank you so much jinyeon. his name is kim sunwoo, and he is in seoul hospital, room 123. we will repay by sponsoring you scholarship for your first year of university. thank you so so so much jinyeon.", the teacher said and left.

the girl just smiled as she heard the repayment.

her life can be easier next year.

---