Echoing cries

After Tubbo went upstairs, you could here cries and sniffles coming from his bedroom.

'I'm going to talk to him.' Wilbur said, finally.
'No Wilbur I don't think that's a good idea, leave him he doesn't want to talk.' Phil said sadly.

But Wilbur ignored him and went anyway.

As he got closer to Tubbos room the cries got louder.  'Tubbo?' He asked softly.
The cries became more muffled, but there was no reply. So Wilbur opened it anyway.

Tubbo was curled up in the corner of his room. His face red and puffy. He was still shivering from the coldness of before.

'Oh Tubbo' Wilbur said sadly.
He walked over to him and picked the sobbing boy up. He placed him gently on his bed sitting Tubbo on his lap.

He rocked him back and forth hugging him tightly to his chest with a blanket he had found placed around Tubbo to keep him warm. Soon, soft breaths from him alerted Wilbur that he was sleeping. He stood up as slowly as he could keeping Tubbo on his hip, his head resting on Wilbur's shoulder.

He brought Tubbo downstairs so that he could show Phil that Tubbo was okay.

Phil looked up quickly when Wilbur stepped into the room. Both he and Techno rushed over to check if the boy was okay.

'He's okay! He was cold but I think I've warmed him up enough now. He was crying but he let me hold him, he just needs comfort.'

'Yes that's probably a good idea, he has lost his parents he's definitely grieving.' Phil said sadly.

'Look, lay him on here.' Techno said pointing to the couch. 'I think one or more of us should stay with him until in case he needs us.' As well as this Techno was also worried about the fact that just a few hours prior, Tubbo had escaped from the house. And really? What was stopping him from doing it again except the locks? And that hasn't stopped him last time!

Phil and Wilbur nodded in agreement. Since Tubbo was already attached to Wilbur. Literally at the hip, they decided Wilbur would stay with the boy tonight.

And so after a couple of minutes the two boys fell asleep.

Time skip ——————>

Over the next few weeks, Tubbo spent most of his time clinging to each one of the family members. All of them doing their best to comfort him.

He was starting to improve. In fact today he was outside playing some strange game with Tommy! Techno, Wilbur and Phil watched from the window, Tubbo was finally laughing. Real laughs. They watched as the two boys chased each other around yelling and laughing with each other.

From then on Tubbo, although he still missed his parents (obviously) started to move on. He still woke up crying occasionally. But a hug from someone would be enough comfort to get him back to sleep.

Another new thing was that Tubbo was starting school tomorrow! When Phil had mentioned it Tubbo seemed confused. That worried Phil a little. It seemed as though he hadn't been to school before.

'Where you homeschooled?' He asked the boy.
'What's that mean?' Tubbo had replied. Phil took that as a no.

'Did you never go to school?'
'I don't know what that is?!' Tubbo said, clearly confused.

Phil was very concerned. All children must be educated and even if he for some reason hadn't he should have at least heard the word before. Right?
Phil explained the idea of school to Tubbo. Tubbo agreed to go although he seemed very apprehensive. Which is probably understandable considering he seemed to have no idea what it was.

Time skip—————> (literally the next day)

'Tubbo! It's time for school! You get to come with me today!' Tommy yelled.

Tubbo got up grouchily. Headed downstairs and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. As he ate it, Tommy rambled about how cool his friends were and about how popular he was. He also mentioned something about some people to stay away from but Tubbo wasn't really concentrating.

The morning, which usually dragged for Tubbo, seemed to be slipping away from him. Soon enough Phil was calling the boys to come get in the car so he could drop them both off.

'Okay boys. We're here! I hope you both have a great day. And Tommy, make sure Tubbo gets to the front desk so he gets his timetable okay?'

'Okay dad bye!' Tommy shouted, grabbing Tubbos arm and dragging him excitedly towards the school.

Tubbo was very scared. He didn't like the loud noises and the huge hoards of kids shouting and yelling as they walked into school.

'Here you go Tubbo! This is the-'
But Tommy never finished his sentence. He had spotted some of his friends. Tommy completely forgot about Tubbo and ran to his friends and went out of sight.

'Tommy?' Tubbo whimpered quietly. He looked around desperately looking for an adult.

'Get to class please.' A big voice boomed behind him.
Tubbo jumped and turned around.
'I-i don't know where my class is!' Tubbo said timidly.
'Name?' He asked.
'Tubbo.'
The man got out a phone and a couple of minutes later his voice boomed again.
'Room 23, that's 1st floor, second classroom to the right.' The man said, before turning around to shout at some more people for their lateness.

Tubbo followed the man's directions. Walking as fast as he could, because he was worried he would be late. Soon he found his class and he walked in.

'Quickly you're late. Sit at the back over there.' A lady who Tubbo assumed to be his teacher said.

Tubbo sat quietly at the desk the lady had pointed at and opened the textbook on his table.

'Oi, you!' The boy to his left whisper shouted.
'Y-yeah?' Tubbo said, his eyes widening.
'What's your name?' The boy asked smirking unkindly.
'Um it-its Tubbo.'
'What kind of a name is that?!' The boy laughed harshly, he turned to his friends who were also watching now.
'Did you here that? His name is Tubbo, what a freak.' All of his friends laughed one of them whispered something into another's ear and the two of them laughed even harder.

Tubbo tried not to show any emotion but it wasn't working. His eyes were now brimming with tears.

'Excuse me what is all this laughing for?' The teacher shouted looking at all of them.

'It's the new kid.' One of the boys pointed at Tubbo.
'FIRST YOU SHOW UP LATE AND NOW YOU'RE MESSING AROUND?! THIS IS NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION.' The teacher shouted angrily.

Tubbo couldn't take all the staring and shouting and the smirks from his classmates. He grabbed his bag and ran out the classroom.

'GET BACK HERE!' He heard the teacher shout.
But he didn't, instead he ran to one of the toilets down the hall.

'He locked himself in one of the cubicles and the tears pooled out of his eyes. Shakily he grabbed the phone Phil had given to him that morning in case of an emergency.

He rang Wilbur.

Wilbur picked up immediately.
'Hello? Tubbo!'
'W-Wilbur please I can't do it. They're so mean.' Tubbo sobbed, whispering in case any one heard.
'Oh Tubbo, it's okay I'll come get you! I'll be there in like 5 minutes okay?'

'Okay.' He sniffled.