Chapter 2

Leonardo

  Tapping my feet on the floor, I was waiting for my therapist to bombard me with her questions. I had two sessions scheduled with her every week. It had been a month since I had come to this facility. Each session lasted an hour, she had started from my childhood and now had progressed till the death of Eleonora and my daughter.

I had a vague idea that she was going to discuss Rameen today and I don't why it was making me anxious for the first time in my life. It was not that I regretted pursuing her or anything, but I didn't want to talk about it to anyone. What I shared with Rameen was special, it was just for her and me and I didn't want any other human being to be a part of it.

The therapist cleared her throat to grab my attention and I looked up at her. She was assessing me with her piercing blue eyes.

"Ready?" She inquired.

"I don't think you will let me off the hook if I said a 'no' ?"

"Surely, that won't be happening Mr. Bianchi," she passed me her professional smile.

Lifting the coffee mug from the table I gave her a nod to start the session.

"When did you first meet Mrs. Waleed Kamal?"

I sighed and tried to put a lid over my anger. Rameen belonged to Waleed and I needed to get it inside my thick skull. I had promised her to get treated and I can't let her down, for something that was not her fault.

"A year and a half ago in Rome," I replied.

"What was it about her that grabbed your attention?"

"Can't you just read that in your Memo?" I asked in a wearied tone.

"Mr. Bianchi, this is not going to help you," she passed me a displeased glare.

I always had been a private person, one who never shared their feelings with anyone. This was the reason that had made me pursue Rameen. I had never opened up to Eleonora about how I felt about her. It was not my nature and I regret it to date. She died without even knowing, how much she meant to me and I was left with nothing but regret.

"What was it about Mrs. Waleed Kamal, that grabbed your attention?" She repeated her question.

"Can you please call her Rameen, instead of Mrs. Waleed Kamal? Mentioning her using his name makes my loss all the more real and I just want to go back and win her all over again," clenching the fist of my free hand and grasping the handle of the coffee mug tighter with the other, I spoke in a strained voice.

"Sorry, Mr. Bianchi, but you will need to accept the fact that she is married to Waleed Kamal and they are living a perfectly happy married life," she replied dryly.

I had no option but to grit my teeth in anger and stare at the scenery outside through the window in her office.

"Are you going to answer my question?" She asked again after a few minutes.

Sighing I took a sip of coffee then placed it back on the coffee table and said to her, "She has a striking resemblance to my late wife."

"You pursued her knowing she was married, what gave you the impression that she would reciprocate your feelings?" She leaned against the back of her chair, twirling a pencil in her fingers.

"What made me think, Rameen, would reciprocate my feelings?" I repeated her question in my mind.

The therapist was studying the change of expressions on my face. Her gaze was fixed on it, not missing even a subtle change in them.