Chapter 15

Leonardo

My eyes scanned the ballroom the moment I entered it for only one man, and when I spotted him speaking to a European monarch across the room, a strange sensation spread through me.

Taimur Al Jahaan.

The King of Azmaayir.

The man who separated me from the love of my life. The man who hurt a woman like Alia and forced her into abandoning her sons and living in a self-imposed exile. The man whose thoughts wouldn't let Alia live in peace. The man because of whom Alia wouldn't let me close.

Alia always maintained a distance between us despite having feelings for me because she was still married to Taimur Al Jahaan and considered getting intimate with another man as a betrayal to him, despite Taimur Al Jahaan not thinking once about her happiness.

Alia would only allow me to steal a peck or two and nothing more. Her presence was enough for me, and I was content just in her company; hence I never forced her for anything more. I wanted her to open up by herself. But that didn't mean that I wanted her any less. I burned for her. My body craved her as it craved nothing.

Alia was the only woman who evoked such feelings within me, and my existence felt meaningless without her presence in my life. I couldn't wait to find Alia and bring her back home. Taimur Al Jahaan was the only barrier between her and me, and I would do everything possible to win against him.

I couldn't focus on any conversation throughout the evening. My whole attention was on Taimur Al Jahaan. I watched every view of his, not missing a single detail. The way his eyes lit up every time they set on his wife.

Raw, unadulterated rage coursed through me when I saw Taimur Al Jahaan smiling at his wife lovingly, who accompanied him to the event. He had no right to smile or to spend a life with his love after he ruined Alia's life and her happiness. He had everything anyone could desire, name, wealth, and a kingdom to rule. He was married to the woman he loved, and still, he couldn't allow Alia to spend her life the way she wished.

If it were up to me, I would walk straight up to him and confront him, but I didn't want to create a scene and lose my only chance to find Alia.

I watched from the side as dignitaries around the world approached Taimur Al Jahaan to greet him and get into his graces.

The name Al Jahaan held immense power in the corporate and political world. The Al Jahaans were one of the most powerful families on Earth, and Taimur Al Jahaan was the head of that family. He ascended the throne at thirty-five and ruled over Azmaayir with an iron fist for the past four years. Leaders of nations worldwide were eager to form a close bond with him.

It took Nico half a dozen favors to arrange
for me to attend the royal wedding at such short notice. I was denied a visa to Azmaayir when I applied for it. Taimur Al Jahaan ensured I couldn't enter his country; hence I was forced to find another way to meet him.

The wedding of the British Prince presented itself as a perfect opportunity to meet him. Taimur Al Jahaan was attending the event with his second wife and the love of his life, Eva Al Jahaan. I knew if I missed the wedding, then I might not be able to get another chance to meet Taimur Al Jahaan for months. Therefore I made sure that I got an invitation at the last moment. I had no idea how Dominico arranged the invitation for me, but I would be forever indebted to him for it.

I failed to meet Taimur Al Jahaan during the wedding and knew the reception was my only chance to confront him. I hadn't made the mistake of sending more men to spy on him after he sent me the heads of the two men. I underestimated Taimur Al Jahaan; I wouldn't repeat the same mistake.