All Alone

"Darling!" My textone beckoned. It was the voice of my favorite anime character, zero-two. Usually I would be happy to hear it, but it intercepted with my rest. I turned over, a ray of light perfectly hitting the side of my bed. Atleast I hadn't slept in until 7pm. When I turned my phone over, I noticed a text from Kaia. I was glad that I had finally gotten a text, usually I was the one sending texts but never getting a response.

——Kaia <coconut doggy> 😜
Davey poo! Are you still going to that farmer convention? Also Aussy saucey waussy was upset that you shaved off your mullet yesterday 🥺🥺#besties😍💋👯‍♂️

I surprised myself by smiling slightly at the text. Kaia's half-sarcastic text made me question, Austin cares about my hair?

David 🌈🥥——
Yeah, I'm going to the convention. And it's called Huntin' Fishin' and Truckn' for your information 🙄

——Kaia <coconut doggy>😜
Whatever. Have fun at loser-fest 🎣🛻

I closed IMessage and checked Instagram and Twitter. I clicked on Swaggersoul's Twitter, clicking like on the most recent tweet. I look up at the top bar of my phone 11:01 AM. "I better get dressed!" I say to myself, gaily. Ew. That sounds wrong.. the only man I would date would be Chris Hemsworth <3 anyways, I pulled a long sleeve salt life shirt on and slipped into my jeans. I still had a few minutes before I left so I started watching some markiplier. The car ride there was long, but I turned on my AirPods and listened to some music. I pretended I was in a music video while "Mr. Blue sky" played in the background. The convention was awesome, I met so many cool people that appreciated turkey hunting as much as I did. I also got some gear and duck calls. But the fun had to be ruined when I saw him. He turned his head toward me and our eyes met for what felt like an eternity, "David!!" He called. I looked away quickly, half as a joke but half because I didn't want to talk to him.

                Austin's POV:

               "David" I quickly called out to the lanky man before me. I knew David was a turkey hunter...? But- I didn't know he was a SERIOUS hunter until I saw the big haul of goodies he carried. I maintained eye contact, his greasy hair was a bit distracting not to look at, but I managed. I fidgeted with my 69 k gold rolex (encrusted with diamonds if you did'nt know, it was a gift from Pops'!) while I waited for David to respond.

What.

David looked away.

what did I do?

David's eyes remained on his black van shoes with a built-in fanny pack.

Did he not hear me? Did he do that on purpose? Or on accident? Did he not recognize me? I mean, I barley recognized him with his new hair.

He started walking away towards the new truck model, which I already looked at. It had three built in radios, and speakers!

My attention snapped back to David

"Yo! Melvin! You scared of me? Don't be shy, I don't bite... that much!" I gave a fake chuckle as his head slightly turned, the hair on his neck standing up.

"What do yoooou want." he replied with a sarcastic-snarky tone

My heart gave a jolt

"I want you Melvin, only you."

SHOOT

WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

I mean, why am I worrying it was just a joke, playful friend flirting!

Gosh, Cooper and Williams habits really are brushing off on me, I laughed to myself right before I saw David storm off, walking right past a rack of deer stands, leaving me standing in the crowd.

all alone.

AUTHOR NOTE

So sorry for late chapter! I was busy taking college engineering classes while trying not to emotionally break down :D

-