The Cashier

David was happy to get out of the house for once. It's surprising, but staying inside just left him alone with his thoughts for too long. It was Sunday morning, so he would have to go to school tomorrow. He was really dreading it. David's mom invited him to go shopping and David agreed, putting on jeans and an under armor hoodie.

I put my headphones in and scroll through Spotify, searching for the perfect playlist, I selected Sun Rays and Hot Babes and pressed shuffle. He stared out the window and thought about how hot Montgomery Gator from Five Nights At Freddy's; Security Breach was. As we slowed to a stop in the parking lot, I took out my headphones and placed my phone in my pocket. Stepping out of the car, I noticed storm clouds gathering in the sky. I thought to myself I hope it doesn't rain... it would be a shame if my new converse shoes with Fanny packs got wet.

As my mom shopped for groceries, I looked around the store, and picked up a few snacks. I even convinced her to go to the gaming aisle so I could get a steam gift card and buy all of my friends Fallout: New Vegas! When we went to check out though, there was a problem.

Like always, we went to the line with the least amount of people but, when we rolled out cart up to the cashier, he was there. Our eyes met for what felt like an eternity, and he looked like he was about to say something, but I quickly broke the contact. I hastily put the groceries on the conveyer belt and stared at my shoes while he wrung up our stuff. Once my mom finished paying and grabbed the cart, I turned towards the exit. "David! Hold on!" He called after me. I looked behind my back quickly, but turned around just as quick. I walked towards the doors, lengthening my stride to get away.

I walked out the doors and noticed it was raining, I looked up at the storm, cold droplets kissing my face. I heard footsteps behind me.. did he follow me out?

"David!" He exclaimed, I finally turned towards him and he was running up to me. Once he got closer, I turned to walk away, but I was stopped suddenly by him grabbing my hand.

"Wait."

A/n:
It's author 1! Omg guys! It's happening! Sorry for the slow updates, my house caught on fire. Luckily, I grabbed my laptop just in time so I can keep writing this story! I didn't have time to grab my pet ferret though, his Funeral is Monday.