Chapter 4

After explaining every detail of the encounter, they headed off to a training ground near the Pokemon center. While heading there they can call professor Oak on Ash's Nanodex.

"Hello, professor!"

"Hey, gramps!"

«Hello Ash, Gary.» The professor greeted.

«Why didn't you call me when you arrived?» He continued.

"Um well, we uh t-"

Gary put his hand on Ash's mouth getting himself a glare if you can call it that.

"Got attacked by a flock of Spearows." Gary interrupted.

«WHAT!? I thought the League relocated them somewhere else!»

"Welp, guess they didn't."

«*Sigh* Are you at least alright?»

"We're fine gramps."

"Yes, we're doing good."

There was a moment of silence before Gary said enthusiastically:

"Oh, that's right! Guess what Ash found yesterday... A rainbow feather!"

«Rainbow feather as in like Ho-Oh's feather!?» Samuel asked, his eyes bulging out of his eye sockets.

The preteens laughed at the professor's expression.

"Yep, that's the one!" Ash said almost excessively giddily.

«Oh, Arceus...» The professor then proceeded to faint.

"Professor!"

...

After waking up Samuel with excessive shouting which earned them a couple of weird looks and sending him the feather for research, the duo finally started training.

"Anahita, come here."

Ti~?

The Dratini goes to Ash. Ash takes something out of his backpack, bends down and put it around her neck. The object was black with golden waves carved out and it had a pearl in the middle. Anahita felt her body become heavier.

"This is an adjustable weight in the form of a bracelet or, in your case, a collar"

Ash takes out his own weights, put them on himself and said:

"First thing first, we will be doing exercise to strengthen our bodies. Let's start by running!"

Ash takes off, leaving Dratini standing there. Anahita chases after Ash as they run laps around the training ground. After running for about 15 minutes, Ash and the exhausted Anahita stopped.

Handing the dragon-type Pokemon an oranberry, they took a break.

"Anahita, use Twister!" Ash commanded.

She obeyed. The Dratini focused on the dragon energy that resides in her and launched a purple vortex at a log placed by her trainer.

A dust cloud appeared where Anahita launched the attack. When the dust dispersed, it revealed a very damaged log. In Ash's opinion, it looked like an apple core.

While the Pokemon used Twister, Ash analyzed her power.

'It took 7 seconds for Anahita to gather enough energy.....Her aim is quite good... Oh my, her strength is very impressive and she's only level 10!'

"Anahita, you're very impressive! But we will have to lessen the gathering time."

And that is what they did. For 30 minutes Ash told the Dratini to focus on gathering a big amount of dragon energy but not forming it into an attack.

The Raven-haired boy analyzed every move in her move set and repeated the process.

By the end of their training session, Anahita mastered her every move.

At that time, Gary and his Squirtle also finished training. The squad did a picnic for lunch, Ash cooked and Gary set things up.

They were eating peacefully but suddenly, someone shouted out:

"YOU!"

It was a girl with orange hair one pigtail with blue eyes. She was wearing a yellow shirt and a pair of dirty jeans.

"Um... Do we know you?" Gary asked.

"OF COURSE YOU DO I'M MISTY WATERFLOWER! YOU RAN OVER ME AND DESTROYED MY 10 000 P$ BIKE IN THE PROCESS! PAY BACK MY BIKE!" They winced at her volume.

"Ah yes sorry about that miss Waterflower. If you didn't see we were being chased by a flock of Spearows. I will pay for your bike." Ash apologized for them while bowing.

"ARE YOU CALLING ME BLIND?!"

"NO! I mean no, I'm not calling you blind miss! Sorry I will pay for your bike! But no bike is that expensive. A bike is
1 000P$ normally." Ash still bowing explained.

"STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND GIVE ME THE MONEY!"

By this time the poor boy had tears forming in his dark orbs. Gary, seeing this, was enraged at the b!tch who dared hurt Ash. So, he yelled back:

"ASH ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT WE WOULD PAY FOR THE BIKE! BUT HE'S ALSO RIGHT, NONE ARE THAT EXPENSIVE! WE WILL PAY YOU 1 200 P$ BUT THAT'S IT!"

While they were having a shouting match, Ash was pleading for them to stop, tears flowing freely from his eyes. That's when a person with black hair decided to act.

"What is going on here?!" The person's voice boomed silencing the shouting duo.

"M-Mister Giovanni?" The crying boy stuttered out.

Misty not sensing the tension in the air, said:

"Mister Giovanni! Perfect timing! These b@stards ran over me and broke my bicycle but they refused to pay me back!"

"We agreed but she's charging a ridiculous price!" Gary said, exasperated.

"How much did she ask for?" Giovanni asked calmly.

"10 000P$." Ash said, his voice being just above a whisper.

"Girl, you're charging way too much." The adult deadpanned.

"WHAT?! No, I'm not!"

"The most expensive bicycle in existence is 2 500P$." He informed her.

"Boys, what was the brand of the bike?" Giovanni asked.

"I think it was Kwheels."

"Miss Waterflower right? Your bike cost no more than 700 P$. Are you trying to rip them off?"

"I-I um... Oh my, look at the time! I need to go."

The orange-haired girl ran away cowardly.

"I hate her type. Running away with her tail between her legs like a coward. Her sisters were right." Giovanni sighed.

"Thank you for interfering and sorry for bothering you." Ash thanked softly.

"Don't worry about it. Ash Ketchum right?"

He nodded.

"Who's your friend?" He asked.

"The name's Gary Oak. You can call me Gary."

"A pleasure to meet you, Gary."

"You too mister Giovanni."

They shook hands.

"Well, see you boys around!"

"You too mister. Thank you again!" Ash said.

After the adult left, Ash asked:

"You alright, Gare-bear?"

"Holy shit. I shook hands with Giovanni. THE Giovanni!"

Ash laughed and started training again.