Chapter 15

Bulbasaur!~ A green Pokemon with red eyes and a bulb on its back jump out of a bush.

Ash recognized that Pokemon. It was a Bulbasaur and if he remembers correctly, professor Oak had given one to a girl called Leaf.

"Well let's go, it's clear that we're not welcomed here." Gary said, putting away some of the stuff used.

The rest agreed.

The Bulbasaur watched them clean up for 5 minutes before leaving, calling the Oddish to do the same.

It walked slowly behind Bulbasaur. When there was a big enough distance between Oddish and the other Pokemon, it ran back to the group's camp.

Odd odd Oddish!~ It said in the Pokemon language, tilting its head towards the direction where it went.

"No, we're not following you." Ash's gaze hardened as he said sternly.

"Bu-but it wants us to follow..." Arielle said tears forming.

Gary looked at the little girl's pitiful expression and bit his lip
"Following it wouldn't hurt, would it? I mean a is rare in the wild but it is still untrained. If it attacks we can defeat it."

"Something bad is going to happen. I can feel it and we got enough life-threatening events that happened to us for a lifetime! I ain't following that Pokemon, what if it just wants to lure us to its masters!?" Ash expressed his thoughts.

The group looked uncomfortable and the Oddish was shaking.

Ash looked around and he took a deep breath.

"*Sigh* I'm sorry for blowing up like that, my temper got the better of me. We can follow it but if anything seems suspicious we are going immediately. Am I clear?"

"Clear as day."

"Good, let's go."

While they followed the Oddish, there was a lingering tension in the air that hadn't quite dispersed.

The forest was filled with Pokemon. They looked at them curiously but not daring to approach.

A few minutes passed when the forest started thinning out to reveal a big clearing and a small wooden house. Around the house were around 2 dozens of Pokemon but most of them had either a disability or a hurt limb.

"Pedro protect!"

The Wartortle jumped a few feet in front of the group and cast a green shield just as leaves propelled at them.

The move was 'razor leaf' and it was fired from 20 meters away by the same Bulbasaur from earlier.

"Bulbasaur! What are you doing!?" A woman with braided blue hair with blue eyes and an orange headband ran out of the wooden cabin.

"How did you make it here!? Were those traps not enough?" She said when she saw the group.

"So it was you who set the traps!" Gary pointed his finger accusingly at her.

"Yes it was me but it was for a good reason!"

"Oh?"

"They were set to protect this place. This place is a Pokemon haven of some sort where I help those injured."

"Then why put any on the main path!? Arielle over there has fallen into one of your traps. They're counterproductive, if the main path is dangerous people are going to want to find another one."

"I'm so sorry! You're right I shouldn't have dug holes on the main path. It's stupid and dangerous of me." She apologized to them seeing the gashes on Arielle's leg.

"It's fine- just fill up the holes soon." Gary said, still a bit mad.

The woman nodded her head.
"I'm Melanie what are your names?"

Arielle spoke up.
"My name is Arielle and they are Gary, Ash and Brock." She pointed at each of the teens in their respective orders.

"So Arielle... Gary, Brock and Ash." She paused between saying their names. "Do you want to take a look at the Pokemon? They are quite friendly."

"Yes please!" Arielle beamed.

"Well aren't you a cutie pie." Melanie laughed.

Gary and Brock shrugged and followed the girls while Ash stayed in the back of the group.

Ash's bad feeling slowly augmented as his shoulder tensed and his body was very slowly going into a fight or flight mode.

"Would you loosen up? Nothing is wrong!" Gary joined him in the back and put his arm over his shoulder.

"Gary, you out of everyone should know to trust my instincts." Muttered Ash, not wanting the others to hear.

Gary frowned, knowing that the other was most likely right.
"We will keep our guard up, if anything suspicious happens we'll leave."

It didn't seem to comfort him but he nodded nonetheless.

"Please come into the cottage while I gather the Pokemon." Melanie said, leaving them to go towards the Pokemon.

They did as told but Ash's uneasiness multiplied.
"We should get out." Ash reached for the handle but a metal sheet came down from the top of the door, blocking the handle.

"Quick! Look for an exit!"

Brock went to look at the window. It seemed to be tainted bulletproof glass, so they couldn't see the outside and breaking it would be near impossible with their current skills, but he noticed a flaw. The right side was slightly, barely noticeably, loose.

He called the others over.
"Do you think we will be able to pull it out?" Brock asked.

"There's a chance and it's the only one that we got."

Brock and Ash pulled from the left, Ash being in front and his hands between Brock's, and Gary pushing from the right.

They struggled for a minute or two but managed to tear the window out. One by one they climbed outside the window.

All close to each other, almost all of the Pokemon were in the middle of the clearing.

Soon after they came out, engines were heard approaching. From behind them, out came a big green truck with red details.

The trunk opened and several people jumped out. The trunk also had some sort of machine built into it.

"Damn there are a lot! You outdid yourself this time." One of the people said.

"Of course, that promotion wasn't for nothing." Melanie put her hand on her hip.

The people started the machine. It was some sort of vacuum. One by one the Pokemon went into the machine, they struggled to leave because of the air suction.

'Crap.' Ash thought. "Let's go." He whispered.

"Arielle!"

******

Hello!
So... I'll kinda be taking a break because I can't get my creative juices flowing. I don't know how long it will be but know that I will be continuing this story.

Sorry in advance.

Thank you for reading!