Chapter 12

Sorry for starting with an a/n. I have realized that I have forgotten about the Mt. Moon part. So for the sake of me, ignore this jumble in the timeline.

Also, sorry for not updating for a prolonged period.

Happy reading!

*******

"According to the Pokenav, we will be going through Mt. Moon next" Brock informed the others while they are climbing a hill beside a mountain.

"Mt. Moon?" Arielle tilted her head while petting Anahita.

"Oh great professor Gary, please grant us your wits and knowledge and explain to us the riddle that is Mt. Moon." Ash bowed dramatically with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

Gary put on his reading glasses and posed with Pedro, his Squirtle. They returned as dramatic as the other boy:

"Em em, a long time ago a meteor crashed into the mountain that we Mt. Moon. As it turns out, the meteor was an evolutionary stone called moonstone hence, the name."

"Wow Gary, you're nerdier than I thought." Brock teased him.

"Hey!"

"Do you understand Ari?" Ash asked her using another nickname.

"Yes Ashy! I understand well!"

"Your so smart for your age!" He praised.

The group, still talking and laughing with each other, soon approached a cave.

"Ahhh! Someone help me!"

"What was that?"

"I don't know, it came from the cave!" Brock pointed out.

They hurried to the origin of the scream. As they turned the corner, they saw a man being attacked by zubats.

"Zubats? I thought that they stay in the deeper parts of the cave?" Ash said. "Haldis please go lend a hand to the man with sleeping powder."

The Butterfree did as told. The Zubats dropped to the ground asleep.

The man got up and shook Ash's hand.
"Thank you for helping me, you have saved my life!"

Ash gritted his teeth. But smiled nonetheless.
'Damn, he has a strong grip. I hope that it doesn't open my wounds.'

Gary, seeing his friend's discomfort, distracted the man. "So who are you and how did you aggravate those Zubats?"

"Ah my name is Seymour and I'm a scientist and a researcher. And for the reason they're angry..." The now dubbed Seymour pointed at the end of the cave.

In the end, lights were hanging off the walls of the cave.

"The bright lights must have confused them." He explained.

"Let's turn off the lights to help the Zubats!" Arielle suggested.

One by one they turned off half a dozen lights.

"That should do it. But who would have put them here?"

"I'm not sure Brock but, I do have a hunch." Gary responded.

"Look Ashy! Pink Pokemon!" Arielle pointed at one pink-winged and another, smaller one.

Ash pointed his nanodex at them:
«Cleffa, the star shape Pokemon. Because of its unusual, star-like silhouette, people believe that it came here on a meteor.»

«Clefairy, the Fairy Pokemon. The moonlight that it stores in the wings on its back apparently gives it the ability to float in midair.»

Suddenly, the Pokemon perked up and ran off.

"Did they notice us?"

"Let's follow them! They might lead us to the meteorite!" Seymour's eyes sparkled.

They looked at each other and shrugged.

What can possibly happen?

The answer is a lot.

In a short period, they got into a fight with a group of people who were trying to steal the moonstone.

All of a sudden, when Ash and his friends were getting overwhelmed by the number of people they had to fight off, they heard a voice say:

"Koffing, poison gas."

Purple gas surrounded the group making them panic but they quickly calmed down as they noticed that the gas was not targeted at them.

"Gather around! Haldis, use gust!" Ash ordered.

Using this move the Butterfree cleared the purple gas around them. When it was dispersed, Ash noticed two people, who were probably adults due to their height, on the gigantic moonstone with a cat-like Pokemon. The adults were wearing black suits with a white trimming with a small 'R' stitched on their chests.

"Why are you helping us!?" Gary shouted noticing the familiar pink 'R'.

"We aren't helping you."

"They have disobeyed the leader's orders."

"So, we have come to annihilate the traitor to our cause, Nya!" The trio took turns speaking, ending with the cat.

'A talking Meowth?' They collectively thought.

"So are you going to harm us?" The scientist asked fighting through his shock.

"No. At least, not yet." The magenta-haired woman of the trio said.

The man with blue-ish hair went next:
"We shall be keeping a close eye on you. If you reveal anything about what you learned today, we shall not hesitate."

"Hello, Meowth!" Arielle waved aggressively.

"Nya kiddo." Meowth meowed.

In the short instant that they took their eyes off the people, they disappeared.

"Pumpkin, how did you know them?" Ash asked keeping his voice from shaking.

"The lady and the Meowth were the ones who brought me to the hospital!"

...

"Well, that is quite surprising. I thought that they were assassins?"

"It doesn't really matter now, does it?" What matters is that we're safe and sound." Seymour said.

While they were talking about the things that just happened, Arielle ran off.

A bit later she came back, holding a big egg.

"Look at what I found!" She said running to them.

"That's a Pokemon egg, where did you find it? We should give it back to its parents." Brock said.

"I found this in a pile of rock and I did not see a- wait what's happening!?"

The egg was cracking and emitting a blue-ish glow.

"It's hatching!"

Soon after the egg fully hatched.

Cleffa?~

The Pokemon opened its eyes still in the arm of Arielle.

"I think that it's an orphan. I found a deceased Clefable under the debris." Said Gary after he came back from investigating.

"We should take it along with us. Cleffa has already imprinted on Arielle over there." Brock suggested, pointing at the cleffa who was unconsciously clinging for dear life onto Arielle.

A Clefable approached them and gave them a stone the size of Ash's palm. It then pointed to the cleffa.

"It's a moonstone for cleffa?" Brock asked.

Fable~ It chirped in agreement.

Ash thanked the Pokemon and headed over to Arielle.

"Pumpkin? I will be catching cleffa to prevent anyone from catching it. Then when we find your uncle, transfer him the Pokemon. Is that alright?"

"Yes that is okay!"

Ash took out a Pokeball and gently pressed it on the Pokemon. Without a hitch, Ash caught it.