Chapter 19

Rays of sunshine pierced through the thickness of the forest. The recent morning dew dripped from the leaves and grass. The breeze was oft unlike the storm two days ago. On this peaceful day, Ash and his friends will resume their journey toward Vermillion city.

They were marching swiftly with joyful chatters surrounding Ash. Suddenly, he felt a twitch on his back. His egg was hatching!

The trainer hurriedly opened his incubator and put the cracking egg into his arms. He waited as the cracks got larger and even more appeared on the purple egg's surface. In no time, the cracks glowed blue and a bright flash of light followed. Ash felt the hard eggshell melting, without a burning sensation, and fusing with the Pokémon.

As the flash died down, Ash felt clearer the baby Pokémon. It felt soft. He opened his eyes to see a Pokémon which fit with what he felt. It was a round Pokémon with two big ears.

Whis~

The pinkish Pokémon's eyes moved up to look at Ash.

They started at each other. The trainer tried to gauge the emotion of the Pokémon but it seemed to be futile.

Then, it moved toward Ash and bit his arm.

Smur!~ It cried loudly.

The bite did not hurt much nor did it startle Ash. The trainer was however taken by surprise by the loudness of the cry.

"Wow, a Whismur! But, there aren't any near AJ's area or in Kanto in general?" Gary informed louder than usual because of the new addition.

"Could it be because of poachers?" Brock asked.

"It is most probable." Gary scanned the Whismur that was still crying.

«Whismur, the whisper Pokémon. Usually, its cries are like murmurs. If frightened, it shrieks at the same volume as a jet plane. This Pokémon is level one and a female. It has the ability Soundproof and the hidden ability Rattled. Whismur knows the moves Astonish and Pound. The egg move take down is locked.»

"This is supposed to be quiet?!" Gary exclaimed.

"Shh! He might get frightened!"  Arielle whisper-yelled

Mur!~ It cried even louder.

"Hiya little girl."

Ash's voice seemed to calm the Whismur since her volume turned down. It was still very loud, but bearable.

The trainer slowly raised his other hand and pat his head. It was very soft and he suddenly got the urge to squeeze the newborn Pokémon.

Whismur froze, probably not used to contact yet. She let go of Ash's arm and leaned onto the warmth. The rabbit Pokémon resumed to cry, but this time at the volume when it first came out of the egg.

"Whismur sure has quite some healthy vocal cords," Gary said after recovering from the loudness.

"Hmm... I'm going to name you Rayna."

Over the course of the next few days, every egg hatched. Gary gained an Eevee, Brock a Togepi, and Arielle a Budew.

Charmander also gained the name

Along the way, whenever they encountered wild Pokémon or Pokémon trainers, the group each took their turn to battle. Even Arielle, as her Cleffa had matured enough to be able to take a hit.

Anahita wrapped around Ash's arm as he used the other to adjust his cap.

«Dring!~» Gary's Pokédex ran.

The trainer took his blue Pokédex out of the pocket of his cargo pants and answered the call.

"Yo gramps, what's up!"

«Hello grandson, Ash.» The professor greeted. «I've called today to ask a favor. I'm sure you have something better to do, but could you go check on my friend Bill? He hasn't been responding to any of my calls.»

The duo looked at Brock who shrugged.

"Sure gramps, we got time!"

"Thank you, I'll send you the location. It's is a lighthouse and it should be near the route you are taking for Vermillion city."

After the professor hung up, Gary checked the address.

"According to the Pokenav, we should arrive as it gets dark and we don't have to change the route we are planning on taking."

"Well, let's get back on the road." Ash clapped his hands.

As they strode on the path, Brock asked:
"Do you think that the rest of the eggs will hatch soon?"

"Probably, I mean it's been a few weeks since we got the eggs, isn't it? And the eggs have been moving quite a bit." Gary agreed.

They were right.
In 10 hours, all of the eggs hatched.

First was Roselia who was promptly caught by Ash for Arielle. Then came Brock's Togepi and finally, Gary's Eevee.

Soon after, they arrived at the lighthouse.

"Please excuse us!" Brock shouted as he opened the door.

The place was very big and vacant. There were murals and pictures carved in stone tablets of Pokemon. Most of them seem to be extinct or rare Pokemon.

******
Um...hi! To keep it short, I don't think that I will continue writing this fic. I just don't have the motivation. So, sorry.

To those who are interested in adopting this story, just message me and I will give you the plot planned. If you use it or not is up to you.

Thanks for reading!

Your time was appreciated.