Berdly x Female!Human!Reader

HI- so this will be my first story for this book :D I'm still learning how to properly write stories so don't judge me too badly LMAO I hope you enjoy. ALSO I'm guessing chapter 1 of Deltarune starts near the beginning of the school year cause it's less confusing that way.

 ~Meeting Berdly~

3rd person(?) pov:

You were new to town since you had arrived on Saturday. They were already a month into the school year but you didn't mind. You were nervous, and yet excited. A new town and a new school meant a new start, right? Your last school was terrible, the teachers were always late and some never even showed up to school. Your parents had enough of the school AND the town, because it was bad too, so they moved.

You begged your parents to let you stay home for your first day of school, but they refused. So, there you were, standing in front of your new school. You were hesitant to go in, but went you in anyway.

It was nice. Pretty small, but nice. It seemed like there were only a few classrooms, each splitting off into a separate hallway. You headed left, because your new classroom was that way. You walk past a few lockers and walked up to the door. You put your hand on the handle and took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing." You mumbled as you slowly opened the door.

"O-Oh, Hello! You must be my new student!" The teacher said. Most of the students were already there, only a few tables were empty.

"My name is Ms. Alphys! P-Please take a seat i-in the back over there" She pointed to a seat at the back of the classroom. You didn't mind really, your eyesight was fine and it was a lot more comforting than being in the front where all eyes were on you. You sat down and finally took a closer look around classroom. That's when you realized, all of the students were monsters. You never had anything against monsters, but being the only human made you a little uncomfortable.

That's when you noticed a monster was heading towards you. He was a blue bird, who somehow wore glasses. Interested in what this monster was going to do, you watched him carefully and straightened your posture.

"Hello there new kid. My name is Berdly, the number 1 kid in class" He exclaimed confidently. You giggled a little. 'Berdly? What a fitting name.'

"Is something funny?" He asked, raising an eyebrow [does he even have eyebrows?].

"No no it's nothing, I was just thinking about something else." You held out your hand. "The name's (Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N)."

Berdly took your hand and shook it. His feathers were softer than you expected. "It was nice meeting you (Y/N). Maybe we can get along, if you're smart enough." With that, he let go of your hand and went back to his seat. 'That was interesting' you thought. You weren't SUPER smart like mister number one probably was, but you weren't an idiot either. He was kind of dorky, which you kind of liked.

The bell rang and the students began to quiet down, but there were still two empty seats. Ms. Alphys then called everyone's name and began to talk about a project that was due. "A project? On my first day of school? Give me a break" You mumbled. Luckily, no one had heard you. Then she said something about 'picking partners'. 'Well, shit.' You looked around. It seemed like everyone had already chosen their partners. You slowly got out of your seat and walked towards Ms. Alphys' desk.

"Um, excuse me, miss? I don't have a partner" You said quietly. That's when a monster who was sitting next to Berdly looked over. She was a deer of some type, with freckles and blonde hair. She was fairly pretty.

"Ms. Alphys? Maybe she can work with us?" She almost whispered. You guessed she wasn't as outgoing as her bird friend. Berdly quickly glanced at her with a 'what the fuck' face, but didn't say anything. Maybe he didn't mind?

"Ok! (Y/N), you will be in a group o-of three with Berdly and Noelle" She said with a smile. You grabbed a chair and pulled it over. You smiled awkwardly and apologized.

"Oh, it's fine," She played with her hair. "the more the merrier, right Berdly?" Noelle said as she looked at the blue boy. He glanced between the two of you before rolling his eyes. "Fine, whatever. As long as you don't make our grade go down." He crossed his wings, [wings? arms? idfk] and looked to the side. You lowered your head and started to play with your hands. The air felt tense.

"So, does everyone have a-" All of a sudden the door opened. It was another human! You let out a breath you didn't even realize you were holding. They walked in a little before stopping.

"Oh... K-Kris! We thought you weren't coming today! We're doing group projects this month..." Ms. Alphys looked around the room. "Uhhhh... so, walk around and find a partner, ok?" She said as they began walking around and talking to your classmates. It's too bad they didn't get here earlier, you could've worked together. Now you have to be stuck with 'Turdly Berdly' over here. But maybe it wasn't too late? You slowly began to raise your hand before the door slammed open.

[-TIME SKIP TO AFTER KRIS AND SUSIE LEAVE because I'm lazy LMAO-]

While you were discussing on what to do for the project, your pencil rolled over to Berdly's hand[?] but he didn't seem to notice. When you reached over, Berdly looked at you.

"What are you doing?" He felt his face heat up a little. To him, it looked like you wanted to hold his hand. And to his surprise, he didn't really mind.

"Ah- sorry," You quickly grabbed your pencil, brushing your hand against his. You were the one blushing now. "I was just grabbing my pencil" You scratched the back of your neck nervously and looked down.

"Oh." He simply said. 'He sounded... disappointed? Did he want to hold my hand?' The thought of it made you blush harder. You took a deep breath to try and calm yourself down.

He was, in fact, disappointed. He wasn't sure why, but he was. Did he like you? You were shy, actually kind of smart, a little sassy sometimes, and really pretty. 'Holy shit maybe I do like her,' Berdly thought as he glanced at you. Only then did he notice the way your eyes sparkled. He felt his heart beating faster.

"Hey (Y/N)-" The bell rang and cut Berdly off. "Nevermind." He sunk down into his seat.

"I guess that's the bell?" You said as you stood up. You were kind if glad that class ended, but kind of sad at the same time. You wanted to spend more time with Berdly and get to know him a little better.

"Don't you think it's kind of weird that Kris and Susie never came back with the chalk though?" Noelle asked, with a hint of sadness and confusion. You only smiled, trying to comfort her.

"I'm sure they're fine, maybe Susie forced Kris to skip school with her or something." You joked. Noelle seemed to feel a little better after that.

You returned to your desk to grab your stuff, but when you turned back around, Berdly was there.

"Oh- Hey! Do you need something, Berdly?" You said as you tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear.

"U-Um" He stuttered nervously. "Do you think I could have your number-?" He then quickly out his hands[?] in front of them, shaking them vigorously. "FOR THE PROJECT of course. Not for a-any other reason." He looked away shyly.

You smiled and found this behavior kind of cute. "Sure. Can I have your phone?" You held your hand out. "O-ok!" He gave you his phone and you typed in your number.

"Do you want to walk home together?" He asked, shifting a little so that he looks like he's about to leave.

"Ok" You smiled and grabbed your stuff.

This was the start of something new for the both of them. Neither had felt this way before. Maybe in the future, it'll turn into something beautiful :)

.

.

.

.

.

HIIII I FINISHED THIS. This was requested by me :D I decided to write it while you all wait for the things you requested. I hope it's not too short :(

BYEE and I hope you enjoyed :)