Shy!Berdly x Nonbinary!Gamer!Reader

HIIII it's me again. This was a story requested by fairfunnelcake. I hope you enjoy and sorry it's like a year late 💀 AND YES I know the title is weird, it's supposed to be like that to make you cringe. Ngl though seriously contemplating changing it. (Edit: I didn't, haha get wrecked. I am seriously hating myself for not being able to come up with something better.) WARNING: Swearing, mention of bullying. (This takes place after the events of Deltarune).

~He's my Little Pogchamp~

(Y/N)'s pov:

I wake up to the sun shining through my window's curtains. Mornings can be so calm and peaceful. I yawn and stretch while getting out of bed and head downstairs. I can hear my parents whispering from the kitchen.

"You need to hide it, now!! You know how much our baby loves to wake up early." My mom angry-whispered to my dad.

"I know! But I thought I'd give it to them now-"

"What's going on?" I cut my parents off. They quickly turn towards me and my dad hides something behind his back.

"Oh, sweetie! Good morning, we were just talking about..." My mom's eyes dart around the room as if looking for an excuse.

"We got you a gift." My dad says nonchalantly. My mom turned to him and slapped his arm. He just shrugs in response. My mom sighs.

"It was supposed to be a surprise for your birthday that's coming up, but we got you a little something!" She says smiling.

"Ok..?" I respond, suspicious. My dad reveals what was behind his back. It was a tiny bag. He hands it over to me and I look inside. It was a bunch of pins with non-binary flag colors on them. I look up at them with a surprised look on my face.

"When you came out to us a few days ago, it was... surprising." My dad stumbled with his words. "So, we got you this. We know how hard it was to tell us, so we want to let you know that we will always accept and love you, no matter what. You're still our kid after all." He continued. Tears fell down my face and I walk over to them, giving them a big hug.

"Thank you," I whispered.

~

So, there I am, wearing one of my non-binary pins proudly as I make my way to the library. I walked into the building and headed to the computer lab, but someone was already in there. It was a bluebird monster, and they hadn't noticed I was there. I glance at their computer screen and my eyes grow wide.

"IS THAT THE NEW DRAGON BLAZERS 3 TRAILER??? IT CAME OUT ALREADY????" I accidentally yell. The monster in front of me jumps and whirls around in their seat, quickly closing the tab on the computer. I bring my hands up to my mouth, accidentally slapping myself. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. It's just, I've been waiting for the next game ever since I finished the second one." I smile sheepishly. They don't respond though, they just keep staring at me.

"Uh- Oh! My name's (Y/N). And yours?" I ask, attempting to diffuse the awkwardness in the air. They frown and look to the side. After a few seconds, they look back up at me.

"M-my name is Berdly." They reply, but the look on their face shows that they're embarrassed that they stuttered. I giggle a bit, and they look even more embarrassed. I walk over to the other computer and before I sit down, I look over at Berdly.