5. latte

Days became weeks, and Sunoo and Niki went on more dates. They never called it a date, just a 'meet-up', but secretly the both of them referred to it as a date. Sunoo found himself getting really excited every time as he was getting ready for his dates. He never put on lip gloss, he preferred lip balm. But he found himself doing his best to doll up for Niki every time, and always waved a joyful hi to him in the school hallways when they crossed paths.

What Sunoo also noticed was that he didn't thirst over Leeyoung that much anymore, and found himself lost in Niki's dark brown eyes more often. His eyes brightened whenever they met with Niki's, and his thoughts were always flooded with memories and fantasies of Niki. He was overcome by love for him, to say the least. Niki had worked all his magic in just a couple of weeks.

And as expected, Sunoo woke up to a loud ring on his phone one Saturday morning.

Why the hell was Niki video calling him so early in the morning?

Too lazy to slip on a shirt or get the slightest bit fixed up for the camera, he picked up the call and pointed the camera towards the ceiling.

"Sunoo? I see your ceiling, not your pretty face," Niki's voice chimed, full of energy.

"My pretty face is fucking sleepy," Sunoo croaked.

"Well, I still want to see it," Niki grinned.

Hesitantly, Sunoo brought the camera to face level after fixing his hair. He made sure to wrap himself in a blanket before he did; he was still extremely shy.

"You look wonderful," Niki cooed. "Now, why I called is that we need to meet in about two hours, at the coffee shop. You can't be late."

"Did we plan this before?" Sunoo asked, racking his brain to search for the memory of them planning this. Because how could he ever forget their dates?

"No, but we are now. You'll come, right?" Niki's eyes went glassy, and he pleaded with his entire face. Sunoo, being an absolute softie had to give in.

"Of course," he smiled. "When have I ever said no to you. Any special event today?"

"Nothing... Yet," Niki grinned. "Now get your ass out of bed and get ready. See you!"

"Bye, Niki."

Sunoo looked in the mirror while he was getting dressed. He draped a dark blue linen oversized shirt on his torso and paired it with black ripped jeans. He debated it for a little bit and decided to leave one of the buttons open so he wasn't literally choking himself. Plus, it looked pretty hot. He picked up one of the many jeans chains from his drawer and hooked it around his belt loops. Of course, he added his final touch, lip gloss. If he was fascinated with anything, it was lips. The first thing he'd notice about anyone was their lips. He believed that one's lips could tell you a lot about people's personalities. Now, we'll never know how much of that is true, but it's best to let one live through their fascinations and obsessions.

One last time before he left the house, he glanced into the mirror, running his hand through his blonde hair.

"I look hot," he smirked.

--

"Hey~!" Niki smiled as he saw Sunoo walk through the doors of the cafe.

"Hi!"

"You look great," Niki remarked, evidently checking Sunoo out.

"You as well," Sunoo spoke, admiring the clothes Niki wore. All black, as expected, with a thin, silver charm bracelet on his left wrist.

"What'll you have, Sun?" asked the younger, pointing to the menu card on the table.

"Anything," he replied. "You pick."

"Mmm..." Niki hummed, eyes scanning the card. "Latte?" Sunoo nodded in response and went over to the counter to order two lattes.

Once their drinks had arrived, Niki began to get uneasy.

"Anything the matter, Niki?" Sunoo asked, reaching over to touch Niki's hand. Once he realised what he was doing, he pulled his hand back and bit his lip. 'Did I go too far?'

"Um... there's something I need to ask you, Sunoo."

"Go ahead."

"It's... how do I say this?" Niki's eyes darted to and from everything in his surroundings until they fixed on the cup of coffee in front of him. "Will you be the foam on my latte?"

Shocked for a moment, the older boy was lost for words.

"What I mean is," Niki shook his head, regaining his composure, "I like you very much, and I'd like for you to... be mine." Heat rushed to both their cheeks, tinting them pink.

"Yes, Niki. Yes," Sunoo stuttered, inching his hand forward across the table. Niki did the same, and as their fingers met on the marble table, they intertwined. Niki loved this feeling of warmth that coursed through his body. He felt like the world was now in his hands, and it was. His world was holding his hand and caressing his knuckles.

"How long have you liked me for?" Sunoo asked out of curiosity.

"A long time," Niki chuckled, looking into Sunoo's eyes. "What about you?"

Sunoo suddenly felt unsure. Niki's love was so pure, so true, but his? He'd only begun to love Niki.

"M-me too. I've liked you for a long time, too."

Why'd you have to lie to someone you just began dating?

Another moment of silence followed until Sunoo broke it with another question.

"How long have you been planning to do this?"

"Ever since you decided on going on our second date. I'd wanted you, so badly, and now I have you," Niki sighed and added in a whisper, "And I'm not letting you go.

 I'd wanted you, so badly, and now I have you," Niki sighed and added in a whisper, "And I'm not letting you go

Exciting? :>