8. "I love you."

Days passed, and the end of the year was approaching. We all know what the end of the year means — dreaded exams.

For the studious ones, like Jake, Heeseung, Jungwon, and Sunoo, to some extent, passing wasn't much of a problem. But for Sunghoon, Jay and especially Niki, well... you could say they were fucked.

"Why do schools have exams?!" Sunghoon grumbled at the lunch table, stuffing rice balls into his mouth and huffing.

"I swear to god. Let a child live in peace, for fuck's sake!" Niki whined.

"Oi— language," Heeseung piped. Niki rolled his eyes and mumbled a hint of an apology before proceeding to feed Sunoo with his chopsticks.

"Life sucks!" Jay sighed as he plopped down on the chair next to Jungwon and swung an arm around the younger's shoulder. "Everything sucks!"

"Why do you say so?" Jungwon asked, leaning slightly into his boyfriend's side.

"Why does it look like I say so?" Jay mumbled, using Jungwon's chopsticks to stuff some ramen into his mouth. This sent everyone gushing over the couple with interjections of 'aww!'.

"Things get worse for me," Niki sighed, "I have a presentation due next week and I need to finish it by tomorrow, mom's standards."

"I'll help you," Sunoo offered, hand creeping onto Niki's thigh under the table.

Niki smiled at the little gesture and accepted, "Sure; my house, tonight?" Sunoo nodded in reply

"Why "tonight"?" Jake grinned. "Why not after school?"

"Niki has other plans, baby," Sunghoon laughed, stopping in his tracks soon after he realised what he had said.

Heeseung literally choked on his ramen. "Excuse me, what now?"

"SUNGHOON CALLED JAEYUN BABY!" Sunoo shrilled, clapping in excitement.

"Congratulations, you two!" Jay voiced.

"Were you planning on telling us soon?" Jungwon looked at the two slyly, smiling at the new couple.

"Of course... just maybe a little less straightforwardly," Jake panicked.

Everyone laughed and diverted the topic elsewhere, mostly cribbing again about their assignments.

That night, Sunoo sat on the desk in Niki's room, drabbling on explanations to Niki below him who scrawled in absolutely illegible handwriting the gist of what Sunoo was saying about simultaneous equations and whatnot.

"...and so to find both variables, you need to do two equations, get it?"

Niki stared at Sunoo with a blank face, which made Sunoo sigh in frustration but immediately switched to a chuckle as he hopped off the table and took the pencil from Niki's left hand into his right. He placed a kiss on the top of Niki's head, inhaling the sweet smell of jasmine shampoo from his faded purple locks as he leaned over the younger's shoulder to write the solution to the problem himself.

Well, fuck everything. The atmosphere in the room made it even harder to concentrate. It was a sensual environment, for some reason; dim lights and warm air. Every time Sunoo's hand brushed against Niki's, he felt something, he didn't know what it was. Niki could barely keep his eyes on the paper, forget paying attention to the words that left Sunoo's mouth. His hungry eyes often flickered towards the older's lips.

Those pretty pink, extremely kissable, inviting lips.

"If you want to finish this assignment tonight, you better focus," Sunoo mock scolded, breaking Niki out of his trance.