3. Readyness

When Sprout got home after talking with Hitch for a while, he smiled and walked up to Phyllis, and says, "Hey mommy, I-I have a date tomorrow." Phillis's eyes widened and she smiled.

"Aww, that's wonderful! With who?"

"That's not important, the thing is I need help with getting ready!"

"Aww, sure thing sweetie. Come on, I'll help you." Sprout smiled and said, "Thanks mommy!"

Hitch got home and was ecstatic. He was finally going to go out with his crush. He sat at the window and looked out at the horizon. He closed his eyes and thought of Sprout. After a while he realised: He had never gone on a date with somepony. He paced around his room for a while and thought what to do.

"If only I knew someone who could give me advice!" He said then groaned. He thought of his friends who could give him advice. Then he realised he could ask Sunny. He got his phone and gave her a call.

"Cmon Sunny... pick up...."

"Hello, Sunny speaking?" Hitch felt a bit more better and said
"Hey Sunny, I need dating advice. I'm going out with someone and I need dating advice!"

"Oh, who are you going out with?" Hitch's cheeks would turn flushed a little and said, "I-I-, that dosen't matter. I just need help with getting ready!" Sunny did a little 'Mhm...' She said, "I can't help you unless I know who the person is!" Hitch sighed.

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Yes!"

"I'm going out with Sprout, okay?" Sunny giggled a little.

"You're joking, right?" Hitch replied in a serious tone, "No, I'm not joking, Sunny. Sprout asked me on a date and I agreed." Sunny stopped giggling.

"Okay.. I guess I can help you! So, what do you need help with?"

"Everything..." Sunny would be quiet for a little bit and then say, "Alright, where to start.... Ooo! How you'll look! What kind of date is it going to be? On the cliff, at a restaurant, or anywhere else?" Sprout gulped a little and said "Well, I was thinking we could have a romantic kind of date on the cliff." Hitch could hear Sunny write something down. Sunny spoke up. "Alright, would you like me to come over and help you pick some clothes?" Hitch thought for a bit and said "Yes, I'd like that thanks." Sunny said goodbye and hung up. Hitch waited on the couch for Sunny to arrive.

On the other side of town, Phyllis was trying to get Sprout to put some sort of hair product in his hair. Sprout wouldn't budge.

"No mommy! I'm not putting that stuff in my hair! Ugh, I never should've asked you to help." Phyllis said, "Please sweetie, can we just try it?" Sprout still wouldn't budge.

"No, mommy!" Sprout said, in a tone a colt would. Phyllis sighed and said "Fine, I'll stop." She walked into the kitchen and got her bottle of wine and poured a glass and said to herself, "You knew this would happen to you, Phyllis. You knew this would happen when you gave birth to him." Sprout went into his room and looked through his closet for something to wear. He got on some nice looking clothes and put on some bodyspray.

Meanwhile, Sunny would be helping Hitch get ready. She looked in Hitch's closet for some clothes. She pulled out some of his clothes and made him try some on until her and Hitch liked what he was wearing.

"You look great in that, Hitch!" Sunny said in a sweet and genuine voice. Hitch blushed a little, "Thanks Sunny." Sunny smiled and hugged Hitch. "No problem, Hitch! Have fun on your date!" She said and she walked out the door. Hitch sat down and waited for a while and then went to Sprout's house.