ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"Newt, how are you?" Lizzy asked, hugging her brother tightly

Maybe he shouldn't have told Lizzy that he was sick. Of course he was lying about it, so he could maybe have a few days off college, but Lizzy always worried about her brother. She let go if him, resting her hands on his shoulders.

"I brought you soup... Harriet and I tried out a new recipe, sure you'll like it," she said, showing Newt a bag with a small pot in it.

Newt's face fell. He couldn't handle it anymore. Minho asking for a dinner with Aris at a café, his mothers telling him to eat more, now Lizzy giving him soup. It all didn't make sense, why couldn't he just eat?

"Oh, you didn't have to, Liz," Newt said, letting her in.

She shrugged and handed Newt the bag, before taking off her shoes and her pink leather jacket, revealing her white sweater. Peanut walked over to her, on the way sneezing quietly. Lizzy squealed and immediately kneeled down to pick up the brown cat.

"Oh, I know you missed me, baby," she said, kissing the cat's head,  cradeling her.

Newt smiled at that, stroking Peanut on her head before going to the kitchen. His sister followed him, letting go of his cat eventually. She sat on the chair where Newt would sat, every day. Newt decided to make her a coffee.

"You will try it now?" she asked.

Newt shot his head up from his work. He didn't think Lizzy would want to see him eat, try the soup. It must be tasty, he thought. Maybe he could learn to eat bit by bit. Maybe he should tell Lizzy. He bit the inside of his cheek when he burned his finger because of the coffee pot.

"You're okay?"

Newt shook his head. He sighed and turned around to face his sister. She had a worried look on her face when she saw tears almost ready to fall down his cheeks.

"What's wrong?" she whispered.

Newt scoffed at himself and sat down in front of her. The table was rather small, so he could just reach out to grab her hand. Her eyes showed worry and guilt somehow, while she was curious and wanted to know what was going on with her brother. She brushed over Newt's knuckles, caressing them.

"Lizzy... I can't eat- sometimes... I feet fat- a-and I know that's what I'm not, but something in my head is always telling me not to eat... I will be fat, that's not even the worst-"

"Newt, you have an eating disorder?" she asked, cutting off his sentence.

Newt's hands were shaking. He didn't have an eating disorder, did he? He felt weird to even think about it. He would love to just ignore it, deny the fact that his sister could be just right. He frowned shaking his head.

"N-no, I don't-... I don't know, Liz," he whispered.

"We-we have to tell mom and mommy about this, you need therapy, I will stay with y-"