Walmart Meet Cute

Jaemin meets someone interesting at work.

dilf!renjun just cause i want >:(

✿✿✿

"Say, aren't you too young to have a kid?" Jaemin overhears in the next aisle over.

"Aren't you too old to be making Phineas and Ferb references?"

Jaemin snorts as he hears silence followed by departing foot steps. It was probably his nosy co-worker; Chenle.

The customer scoffs and mumbles a "some people are so nosy."

Jaemin silently chuckles and peeks over the aisle using the ladder he was using to stock.

He's awestruck and he sees the most beautiful person he's ever seen...with a baby in a car seat.

The baby smiles and laughs at him, and of course he smiles back, making a face.

The baby giggles and Jaemin smiles proudly. Kids have always loved him.

He continues playing with the baby until the father (the most person to ever exist) starts pushing the cart away and the baby reaches out for Jaemin.

Jaemin laughs but immediately stops when the father looks at him.

They stare at each other for what feels like hours, until the father turns back around and whispers something to his baby.

He goes back and stands below Jaemin. "Can you help me?" He asks in a sweet voice.

Jaemin gulps and nods, slowly climbing down the ladder and shuffling to the aisle the other two are in.

As soon as he's in front of them, the father holds out the baby. "This is Yangyang. Can you hold him for a second?"

Jaemin just nods.

The father nods back and gestures with his head.

Jaemin looks around confused. "Um—"

He hears the father sigh and in a second, the other's hands are touching his arms. He flushes red and the father clicks his tongue.

"You have to support the head. See?" He backs away and Jaemin looks down the position of his arms, perfect for baby holding.

"Oh yeah..." He barely whispers out as the father lays Yangyang in his arms, then he walks away.

Jaemin stands awkwardly with the baby in his arms, until the father returns, putting something in his cart before walking up to Jaemin.

"Sorry. I can't take him to that aisle cause he's scared of that guy on the cereal box and cries everytime he sees him."

"Oh. Well, he is scary."

The other giggles. Jaemin notices the similarities between the two; the smile for one. The father takes back Yangyang, safely buckling him back to his car seat.

"Yeah. Thanks, Jaemin."

Said male's eyes widen. The other giggles again.

"Your name tag." He softly explains. "My name's Renjun."

"Renjun." Jaemin whispers to himself, repeating.

"I guess I'll see you around, Jaemin." He smiles. "Oh, and maybe tell your coworkers to stay out of my business." He jokes, before turning around and pushing his cart out of the aisle.

Jaemin stares as Renjun leaves.

"You should ask for his number." Chenle says, suddenly materializing next to him.

"HOLY SHIT!" Jaemin shouts.

"Shit!" They hear a baby repeat, followed by a sigh.

Jaemin only hopes it wasn't Yangyang.

✿✿✿

i plan on writing more,, but its just this for now
but i hope you liked it and thank you for reading! <3