Idiots

✿✿✿

"I think I might have feelings for Jaemin." Renjun tells Donghyuck over the phone, but he's met with silence. "Like, "I wanna kiss you everyday" feelings."

"No shit, Renjun." Donghyuck scoffs. "I see the way you look at him. You've looked at him that way since highschool."

"Shut up." Renjun rolls his eyes, even though Donghyuck can't see, he knows he'll feel it. Its the best friend telepathy.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

"I hate you."

"I hate you too."

A second of silence passes.

"So, I'll see you at work."

"Yeah, of course. Bye."

"Bye."

Its unbelievable how lucky Renjun and his friend group is. They all met in highschool, somehow all got into the same college then all got jobs at the same place.

Having such luck, Renjun knew he couldn't ruin the group dynamic and potentially break everyone up from just a simple crush. Donghyuck insisted that Jaemin liked him too but Renjun was having none of that. He was convinced Jaemin liked him as a friend. So, Donghyuck suggested Renjun to drop hints here and there to see what happens.

Of course, it took some convincing (the reason being: "being a teacher is so boring now and I need some drama") but Renjun finally agreed. And thus, this whole thing started.

"I think picnic dates are so cute, don't you, Jaemin?" Renjun randomly brings up the topic in the break room one day.

"Oh, yeah! Of course!" Jaemin beams. Everyone knew he was a hopeless romantic so the answer was no surprise.

"Mhm. Just imagine eating with your significant other, talking and laughing while the sun's setting, then stargazing. Ugh, the stars must seem so much prettier when you look at them with the love of your life." Renjun rests his cheek in his palm and can see Donghyuck mouth "too obvious, fucking idiot." He chooses to ignore him.

"Totally agree. Expect, I wouldn't be able to look at the pretty stars with my even prettier lover laying next to me." Jaemin sighs lovingly, mixing his coffee even though he never adds anything to it.

"What if your 'lover' is ugly?" Donghyuck asks from beside Jeno, who has been watching and listening to the whole conversation.

"My lover, whoever it might be, will forever be pretty in my eyes." Donghyuck doesn't miss the way Jaemin glances at Renjun for a split second.

"I'm sure they'll feel the same way, Jaemin." Renjun nods, when Jaemin raises his eyebrow at him. "You're very...pretty." He shyly adds, blushing.

"Thanks, Renjun!" Jaemin, with a smile on his face, slaps Renjun's back in a "thanks, friend" kind of way and Renjun's heart breaks a bit. He was just friend zoned, he's sure of it. Luckily, he's good at hiding his feelings, so he puts a smile on his face and nudges Jaemin with his shoulder.