Never heard

Cale frowned. Choi Han was supposed to come alone. But why is he carrying someone in his back? Perhaps it's not Choi Han? No, it must be.

Cale then walked out from [The Fragrance of Tea with Poetry] and do his routine.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Cale walked out from the bar and was carrying a roasted chicken breast and a bottle of alcohol.

He walked back past the tea shop he stayed in all day until he saw the guards stiffen up after seeing him. Seeing them acting like that made him want to go out of the gate, but unfortunately, that was not his destination.

"Ah, I'm starting to get hot."

Cale felt himself heating up as he continued to drink. He walked a bit further until he reached the city wall not too far away. The tall city wall that started at the gate seemed to defend against any potential intruders.

'Well, it depends on the person.'

Cale recalled the information from the book.

'Approximately 100 steps from the city gate.'

That was the location where Choi Han jumped over the city wall. Cale clenched the bottle in his hand as he quickly ran toward the location. There were not many people on the streets because it was a residential area.

Cale took a deep breath once he arrived at the calculated location.

Exactly 100 steps away from the city gate. It was a corner of the residential area so there wasn't any other light other than the torch the guards put on top of the wall, as well as the lights coming out of the residential windows

But that was enough light. Cale slowly approached his destination after letting his eyes adjust to the dark.

'Just as I expected.'

He could see something curled up underneath the city wall. There were multiple things.

Delicate-looking things that were shaking because of the cold. Cale continued to walk toward the location. He could hear the voices of the curled-up lifeforms.

Meow Meeeeeow.

Two cats were meowing as they lay curled up underneath the city wall. Cale started to smile.

'It's right here.'

He found the right spot. The moment Choi Han jumps over the wall, a baby kitten is body-slammed by the alpha cat of the neighborhood and gets sent tumbling to the city wall. Choi Han quickly twists his body to avoid landing on the kitten. This was a world where coincidences played a big role.

'He is a good guy.'

Choi Han twists his ankle after unexpectedly twisting his body to avoid hurting the kitten. He had run like crazy to reach Western City after killing tens of people for the first time and burying the corpses of the villagers. His body had reached its limit making him unable to land properly after making such a movement.

Meeeeow Meeeeeeow.

Cale gazed at the kitten that was curled up and shaking, as well as the other kitten that seemed to be its sibling licking the shaking kitten. He then turned his gaze.