Good Old Fashioned Loverboy

Dot piped up before Yakko got a chance to reply, an arm wrapped around Wakko's shoulders.
"Well, I think we would do good to head home, Wakko needs some rest, and frankly I think everyone else does as well."

United in agreement, but something didn't feel right about just going home after this. You needed something to do to be busy and keep your mind off of things. You glanced at Yakko, trying to read his thoughts. You thought maybe he could be thinking the same thing.

As you all began to walk back towards the water tower, you looked at Dot.

"I don't really want to go home, I need something to distract me tonight. Would you be okay being home alone with Wakko while Yakko and I go out for the night? " 

" I don't see a problem with that! Everybody unwinds differently, and if you and Yakko need some space outside of home that's up to you."

You looked back at Yakko and smiled, he let out a laugh.
" Yeah I uh, think there's a carnival in town right now, actually!"

*A few hours later*

"Well, you ready to go toots? " Yakko joked, standing aside the large door of the water tower. You laughed and stepped out from the hallway, your hair still wet from the shower you had taken when you got home. You wore a a pale green plaid button-up, a white cardigan, brown corduroy pants, and a white beret. Yakko was also wearing green. Though in a different fashion than yours. He had dark brown slacks on with a green sweater-vest over a loose white button up.
He grinned as he saw you walk out of the hallway, and the two of you stepped outside making your way towards downtown Burbank for the fair.

(Yakko's POV):

Goodness, she's just stunning isn't she.

I felt my face flush as we slid down the banister of the ladder, and landed on the concrete below. I don't know what it is about her today, but she just looks so lovely right now. Maybe it was the way she helped us out of the vault? Or helping her down the stairs earlier? He bit the inside of his cheek.
"You doin okay?"
(y/n) turned and walked backwards so she could face me. A concerned smile spread across her face.
"I mean you're really quiet, you're never this quiet," she laughed for a moment, her face dropping awkwardly.
" Yeah, just thinking is all!" I grinned sheepishly.
" What about? " She asked, drawing in close. Her nose touched mine for a moment, and I helped. I fell backward onto the ground in a cartoonish fashion, a ' ghost ' floating out of my mouth for a moment. When I sat up I let out an unwieldy laugh, scratching my head as she grabbed my other hand and pulled me to my feet.
"Sorry 'bout that, heh."
"You're fine dear, I know my presence can be a little- intimidating,"she joked, grabbing her phone and playing some music to accompany the rest of their walk.

Ooh love, ooh lover-boy! Whatcha doin tonight?

"Hey boy," she quietly sang, smirking and glancing at me. I felt my skin run hot once more as she walked next to me, grabbing my wrist.