ch 3: a helping hand

Gathering my books and parchment i put them in my bag. Hermione was right Divination was a waste of time.

"That was, interesting" Walking next to me Ron laughed.

"Officially the weirdest divination class i've taken" I replied.

"Well uh see you" He said.

"Yeah I have to get to my next class anyway" Walking, we both seemed to go the same way.

"Sorry" He said "I'll just go this way."

Embarrassed I nodded in response and he walked away. The thought of spending my morning's with him made my stomach uneasy. Then again I had no choice.

It took me about 10 minutes to rush to class. Merlin I hated herbology for being so far.

Walking into class I looked for Neville, he was the expert in Herbology.

"Neville!" Waving my hand I tried to gain his attention, but he was once again sitting with Hannah Abbot. When did they become such friends?

"Y/n!!" He ran up to me "I thought you hated this class?"

"I do but apparently it's required" I replied "I was hoping to be your partner but it looks like you've found one already" I signaled.

"Yeah, she asked me for some help" Turning to look, he stared. "she's pretty isn't she."

A few seconds passed "Neville?" Snapping my fingers he jumped.

"Pretty smart!! Yeah she's really good at herbology! Better actually" He cringed.

No one was better at herbology than him, we both knew that "She is, don't get me wrong but-"

"Don't worry, we're just friends" He replied. "Anyways, it looks like I have to go help Professor Sprout with today's lesson, bye" smiling he walked away.

I found a seat and waited for the class to start.

"I told you not in front of me!" A familiar voice echoed outside of the greenhouse.

"Oh sorry Ron we didn't know you were next to us."

Ron?!

I watched Ron, Harry and, Ginny enter the classroom. Harry sat down first, Ron rushed to sit next to him but, Ginny beat him to it.

"Great, first you steal my appetite now you steal my seat?!" He looked distraught. I suppose the idea of his sister dating his best friend made him uneasy.

"Look Ron it's not a big deal just sit next to someone else, how about-" She scanned the room.

don't look at me, don't look at me

"Y/n" She shot out.

"Y/n?!" He quickly looked back.

"What are you doing here?!" He snarled.

"Oh you know thought I'd stop by, maybe grab a dead plant on the way out" I said, sarcastically.

"Oh haha very funny, Do you not have friends or are you going to sit alone?" He spoke.

"Actually you're gonna have to sit with her" Said Harry. "Mate the seats are all taken."

Looking around he sighed. Sitting down with a slump he gave me a side eye.

Don't know why he had such an attitude, I guess he wasn't fond of being partners 2 times in a row.

"Welcome class, to another year of  Herbology! I hope you've enjoyed your first day of 6th year so far, frankly, I don't care as long as you pass my class" Sprout didn't hesitate, with the help of neville she placed a stump on the table.

it had prickly bramble-like vines, it certainly didn't look appealing.

"Bloody hell, what is that?" Ron shot out.

"It's called Snargaluff" She replied "And it's extremely dangerous so be careful when handling it."

Neville went around placing stumps on each of our tables.

"We will be collecting Snargaluff Pods, but be very careful it is not friendly when provoked" She warned. "now what you will do is extract the green pods from the side, take as many without upsetting it."

Neville sat down and began taking pods of the stump, all the student started after him.

"Well should we start then?" I asked Ron.

"I'm not touching that thing!" He replied.

"Come on we can't just sit here" He still shook his head.

"Fine i'll do it myself" Taking my wand I tried to poke it. Suddenly the plant screeched loudly, whipping it's vines everywhere.

"What did you do?!!!" Covering his ears Ron yelled.

"I just tried to do what professor Sprout said!!" I said shielding my face.

The screams of the Snargaluf woke the others, It didn't take seconds before the all of the stumps went crazy.

"Just grab all the pods!!" Ron said.

"The vines won't let me!" trying to take as many pods, the vines scratched at my hands.

Ron quickly tried to hold the vines together "I'll tie them, you get the pods!" He shouted.

While he held them I quickly took the last 2 pods, the vines slid down then dried up into the stump.

"Bloody hell, that was a nightmare" He exclaimed."

"I hate this class." I replied.

Looking down at my hands, they were slightly bleeding.

"Are you alright?." Ron asked.

"I think so, it's just a bit of blood" He took my hands in his.

"Ow!" wincing in pain, I took back my hands.

"Here" Reaching in his book bag he grabbed some cloth bandages "I always keep them, with all of Harry's injuries merlin knows when you'll need them."

Taking my hands once more he carefully wrapped them in the bandages. He had a stern look of concentration in his face, I couldn't help but smile.

"There" Looking up our faces we were almost an inch apart.

Quickly parting away, his face was bright red.

"Thank you" I said.

"Yeah, no problem" He replied avoiding eye contact.

The rest of the lesson was extremely awkward, Finally the lunch bell rang and we all rushed to the great hall.

Wait till Eugene, Lav and Ginny hear about this.

—-

This chapter is so rushed I apologize, i'll have a better one up soon :)