ch 4: a win win situation

Slumping down onto the bench I rested my head on the table.

"Someone's not having a good day I suppose." Lavender teased.

Lifting my injured hand, I muffled some words in response.

"Draco?" she asked.

Even if that was the most obvious answer I shook my head "No but it's not important anymore, where's everyone else?" I said looking up.

"Erm, I think Eugene's in class and...Ginny's with Potter, as always." she replied.

Taking a bite of my food I began "that's not surprising you know, she has a boyfriend now."

"Well, yeah but don't you suppose she should spend time with her best friends?" She asked.

"You're right"

"Always am" She grinned sipping her drink.

"Well, what are we supposed to do?" Sighing in my response "Drag her over here?"

"Drag who over?" a voice behind me spoke.

"Perfect timing we were just talking about you." Lavender said.

"Oh, lovely." Sitting down next to me, nonchalantly she asked "May I ask the topic?"

"You and Potter" I replied "You haven't spoke a word to us since we got here."

"I'm sorry guys." She sighed and opened her mouth to speak but giggled instead "it's just he's so refreshing to be around."

"I don't think I've heard you say that to and for anyone" I replied.

"Exactly" She nodded "I'm a changed woman, you should try it sometime."

"That doesn't explain how you've ignored us." Lavender spoke.

"I haven't ignored you guys, I promise." she sighed "You just have to realize love makes you do stuff you've never done before."

Rolling her eyes "Talking about love, Y/n when are you going to start, you know...dating?" Lavender teased.

Almost choking I nervously laughed and shook my head.

"I'm okay thanks." I replied.

Even after declining her offer she searched the room.

"Really, i'm perfectly content being single!" I said lightly raising my voice hoping lavender would listen.

Ginny laughed, then noticed my hand "Draco?" she asked.

"That's what I said!" Lavender began "She wouldn't tell me what happened unfortunately."

"It was actually the aftermath of Herbology class with your brother." I replied and fiddled with the cloth.

"Ron?" Surprised, ginny asked.

"oh my merlin..." Lavender spoke, she had a look of realization.

"what?" Me and Ginny said synchronized, scared of what idea appeared in lavender's head.

"Ron.." She began facing me "Do you like gingers?"

"No, absolutely not" Ginny said "Respectfully, you're not going to date my brother."

"No, I agree" My face said it all, I was not dating that git, was he a git? At this point I didn't care. He had made my first day a nightmare.

"Come on! he's perfect for you, you both are...single." She pleaded.

"I've had enough of him today, all he does is cause problems." I replied lifting my hands.

"I'm sure if you talked to him more you'll realize he's not that bad." Lavender spoke.