ch 5: first fake date

"You're doing what?" Eugene asked. He looked surprised but mostly disgusted.

"I have no idea" I responded, looking at myself in the mirror. I managed to remember I was supposed to act head over heels for Ron. "I uh, think this is a new opportunity for me."

"uh-huh yeah." He muttered, He always had the power to see through me. "I don't think I've ever heard you say one word about Ron If I'm right."

He was right, I think I've spent more time with Ron these past few days than I have in my 5 years of Hogwarts.

"He's nice to me," I said.

wrong

"He's also super" I began, clearing my throat. "hot." Cringing, I faced my closet door.

Eugene laughed. "Are you sick?" Getting up he touched my head.

Slapping his hand away I spoke. "I'm being serious Eugene!"

"look, If I'm late I'm pretty sure Lav's gonna kill me." picking up my coat I sighed.

"Okay well uh, good luck I suppose," He chuckled. "And use protection!"

Walking through the door I threw up a middle finger.

+

Looking into the three broomsticks I saw Ron, Harry and, Hermione. They were standing, waiting for us.

"They're here early," whispered Ginny.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I asked.

"Yeah, I suppose." She said squinting her eyes.

Looking at us squatting down Lavender spoke, "Can we go in now, or?"

Apologizing we quickly got up and walked in.

"Sorry, we kept you guys waiting," Lavender exclaimed hugging her girlfriend.

Hermione shook her head "You're all here just in time."

"Should we sit?" Harry motioned the table in front.

We nodded in response and he pulled a seat out for Ginny, After Hermione noticed him she did it to Lav as well. Ron being oblivious, sat down and left me standing.

I scoffed, "Gentleman." Whispering to myself, I sat next to Ron.

"So, um what are you guys ordering?" Hermione asked, breaking the silence.

As everyone said their orders, Harry then looked at me and Ron. "And you guys?" He asked.

After a second we both answered simultaneously, "A beef sandwich."

Brushing off whatever that was Harry asked again "Okay, and for drinks?"

"Lemonade" once again we said together, both Hermione and Ginny laughed.

Looking at each other we furrowed our eyebrows.

"I'll go order that." Harry chuckled as he walked away.

"I never saw you as a lemonade type." I mocked.

"I have my reasons okay." He huffed.

"You guys are like a married couple," Lavender laughed.

Furrowing his eyebrows "We are not," Ron replied.

His expression quickly changed into a smile, "I mean not yet." He said putting an arm over my shoulder.

With wide eyes, I asked, "What the hell are you doing?" through my teeth with a whisper.

"Making this believable." He replied.

right.

+

It was a bit late soon after we finished eating so we had to rush to the castle before Filch caught us out of hours.

"This was fun, maybe we could do this more often?" Hermione asked.

"Definitely." Agreed Harry. "I think I'll take Gin to her dorm." He said holding her hand.

"See you guys." She waved goodbye as they left.

"Well, I should go." I began, "It's a long walk to the Slytherin common room."

"Yeah, Alright," Ron replied with his hands in his pockets, I suppose he was eager to sleep.

Hermione bumped his shoulder and widened her eyes.

Confused he asked. "What?"

"She'll be alone, go walk her," she replied.

"I'm not going down there!" He cried out.

"It's alright, I'll see you tomorrow Ron" lightly smiling I walked away.

"uh wait!" grabbing my arm he called out "I'll walk you."

Before I could protest he continued to walk beside me.

"I keep forgetting about this stupid agreement, thanks," I spoke.

"Oh um...yeah no problem," he replied.

Most of the walk was silent, the other part we talked mostly about class and teachers, but finally, we got to my dorm.

Walking in Ron stared in awe "What never been to a girls dorm before?" I asked.

Scoffing he replied, "No, it's just your dorm's cool."

"Thanks, Decorating's my strong suit." Putting my coat away, I watched Ron yawn and I sighed.

"You must be tired," I asked.

"A bit, yeah," he looked down. "Are you?"

"Not really," I replied, "It just hit me that this was my first date."

"Bloody hell, was it?" he asked raising his eyebrows.

"It just happened to be, and no offense, with someone I don't like," I answered.

He sighed, "Well, you should've told me that, I wouldn't have pestered you." he sat down on the floor next to the foot of my bed. "On the bright side, it was a fake date.'

"I didn't want to ruin your good idea," I said.

He laughed then patted the floor next to him signaling me to sit down.

I sat down "But, today was pretty funny." I retorted.

He smiled in response, "we really do suck at this don't we."

Nodding in response I quickly asked, "Do you think they bought it?"

"Definitely not." He replied.

I couldn't count how many times we laughed.

"You know, we could I don't know, hang out more." He began, "They're not going to buy it if we barely see each other."

If this was me yesterday I would've definitely said no but, Ron was warming up to me.

"You're right." I replied, "How about Friday, at the black lake?"

Smiling he reached out his hand, "It's a date."

Taking his hand I shook it, "A date."

We spent all night talking, for real this time, Hours past and somehow we both fell asleep.

Opening my eyes I realized I had my head on his shoulder and his head was rested on mine, "Ron?" I called out.

"Hm?" Waking up he quickly moved away, "Sorry, I must've fallen asleep."

"It's alright," I replied softly, smiling.

"I should go, don't wanna miss breakfast." Getting up he walked to the door.

"Bye," I replied.

"See you." He smiled closing the door.

----

This was very rushed I apologize butttt I have some really good ideas coming up, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter <3