ch 6: quidditch tryouts

Days had past yet I was still thinking of that night with Ron, maybe I shouldn't of but I couldn't help it, we talked for hours and I somehow fell sleep on his shoulder. there was a reason these thoughts raced through my head all night. My best friends brother seemed to linger in my thoughts all day.

"Stop chewing so loud" Lavender shot out, leaving us silent from the sudden bitterness coming from her mouth.

Ginny looked up and fixed her manner, she then continued to eat.

"Bad mood?" I asked.

"No, everything's fine, i'm fine," she huffed fixing the newspaper in her hands.

the table stayed silent for a bit. Lavender was never the cranky morning type, obviously something was wrong but it was too early for us to ask.

Lavender shifted in her seat, the energy made us stiff.

"Sorry," She sighed. "Today hasn't been great." Setting the newspaper down she placed her cheek in her hand.

Trying to humor the mood I responded "It's Quidditch," looking at me she gave me a muddled look, "No negative energy."

"i'm...sorry?" She replied raising an eyebrow.

Ginny nodded, she lightly chuckled revealing a mouth full of strawberry oats.

"Shouldn't you all focus on class rather than hitting a ball through a hoop?" Lavender asked.

"I think i'll pass." Eugene replied, scrunching his nose with indifference.

"It's tryouts," Lavender began, "You're obviously gonna get in."

"Yes of course but," Mumbling the last sentence he replied, "I get to see newcomers fail."

"Don't be so rude," Ginny responded.

Ignoring her he faced me, "I heard through the grape vine that your boyfriend's gonna try out."

"He's not my boyfriend," I began, my cheeks were hot. "Not yet,"

"That's the spirit," Lavender replied.

"Really?" Eugene asked, "Weasley? As your first boyfriend?"

Soon enough I had to make them believe I was unconditionally in love with Ron.

"I really like him," I replied, "I'm not lying,"

I wasn't entirely lying, I did like Ron, well in a "i can tolerate you in a room" Type.

Ginny faked a gag and slid her plate away.

"He's gonna do great, i'll be there to uh cheer him on." I replied with a stare.

I sat in divination, staring at the same sentence over and over again, mainly lost in thought but also not understanding what Trelawney wrote down with her intricate handwriting.

"You okay?" a voice called out.

"Hm?" It was Ron, "Oh yeah, I'm fine, just thinking"

"Of?" He asked, "If I may know."

"Nothing just, Quidditch I suppose." I sighed.

"Don't I know it, It's been on my mind all week." He began, "Are you trying out?"

"Oh no, I actually quit." I replied, "Badly broke my leg and decided it wasn't for me."

"Did you get a scar?!" He asked, not in a concerned way but more of a curious way because scars are cool.

"Oh of course, It's my only defining trait" I replied and showed him my scarred knee.

"Wicked," He said in an awe.

"Right," I began "The only bad thing is that Madame Pomfrey told me no more quidditch."

"Sucks, I would be distraught." He replied.

"I was but eh, life goes on." I said.

Noticing us talking Trelawney cleared her throat.

Grinning like idiots we faced forward and after a bit, Ron inched his hand closer to mine and handed me a piece of paper.

"cheer me on, ill get on the team just for you ;)"

Smiling I nodded, mouthing a thank you.

he was definitely warming up to me.

After classes finished everyone rushed to get ready. It was the funnest day of the school year, not counting the Tri-wizard tournament of course but still, it was a look forward day. This was also the first time Ron was trying out, I always saw him cheering for Harry but never actually playing. Ginny told me about his Chudley Cannons obsession, how he had posters, bedsheets and even a matching lunch box.
I was so curious I once found myself in his room, he really didn't appreciate that.

Claps drowned Lee Jordan's voice as he explained the game, I sat in the middle of Hermione and Lavender as we cheered.

"There they are!!" Hermione shouted, pointing down to the grass, the Gryffindor team walked and waved their hands.

Ron looked up with such excitement, his eyes had this glint and I knew he felt like he belonged.

Soon after them the crowd roared, The Slytherin team jogged out and I cheered endlessly.

Not even a second after the game started, Gryffindor was in the lead. Ginny scored the first point as the other second year chasers struggled to stay on their brooms. At the highest seats you could see Madam Hooch with a quill by her side writing on a piece of parchment, never taking her eyes of the game. Now Ron looked like he dreaded existing, he did his job of keeper well enough, it just didn't look flattering. Blocking bludgers with his head, feet and hands, nevertheless I thought he was brilliant.

The score was 80 - 80, Both teams were in full game mode and the crowd was louder than ever. Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus was pushing hard to be captain, she used to be up until Eugene took the spot last year. As much as she tried to hit a goal, Ron would still block it.

"Loosing your spark poaky?" Fred yelled, laughing as he flew around.

She had a foul look on her face, but flew back to try and hit a goal regardless.

She raced back to Ron and purposely threw a bludger straight to his face, knocking the air out of him and also his body to the ground. The crowd gasped, others laughed.

He laid on the grass, I didn't know if he was embarrassed to get up or if he was dead, either way I wanted to rush and see. So I stood up and went down.

I was overwhelmed, people were screaming and cheering, all I wanted to do was to get out of there. Before I could, Lee announced  that Harry caught the snitch. Gryffindor had won the game, I didn't care who won at this point.

Ron looked up, grinning at the crowd and dropped his head back.

"I was kind of hoping you died." I teased, looking down at him.

"You're not gonna get rid of me that easily," He chucked, "Besides we won, aren't you happy for me?"

"Fine, you did great up there," I replied extending my hand out for him.

"Thanks." He smiled taking my hand.

His nose was slightly bleeding and his lip was a bit torn.

"You look great," I chuckled, walking with him.

"I know," He smiled showing his teeth, they were red from the blood. "This was fun."

"Okay, let's get you cleaned up pretty boy," I replied.

—-
After a long break I finally got to writing... I logged in and saw all the love to my last chapters :) Thank you all for being so patient i love you all <3!!