Chapter 1

"Sound check! Get the sound check right! Where's Jongdae? The light's too weak. This needs to be higher. The fans won't see him. The..."

It was pleasurable to strum the strings of his guitar, and Chanyeol's head swayed from side to side as he caught rhythm to the sound. His eyes were shut as he tried to focus on the fine sound of his newly bought electric, but the voice of his music tour's coordinator, the short stump that went by the name of Byun Baekhyun, was ruining the mood.

Jaw locked, he lifted his eyes and glanced sharply to the right where the perfectionist was impatiently tapping his foot, watching Jongdae, the light manager of the set, fix the settings for the opening act's light show. For a split second, he contemplated getting up and telling the raunchy male to shut the hell up, but he settled to glaring at his backside until his eyes began wandering to areas clearly defined by the coordinator's tight sense of fashion.

Inwardly sighing to himself, Chanyeol closed his eyes again, leaning his head off to the side as he went on to attempt losing his state of mind in his music, but he found it difficult, snapping his eyes open again at the sound of the brunette laughing. It was a soft type of laughter, almost too quiet to hear for anyone else around them, but Chanyeol's ears were keen on the sound and he looked over to his side again, giving his attention to the coordinator.

He was fully aware that he was rather unpleased by the fact that the perfectionist was irking his patience. It wasn't the fact that he was laughing, but because the brunette was enjoying the company of another. Shooting his eyes in the direction of Jongdae, Chanyeol stopped strumming his guitar.

The urge to bark at the two was stronger than the last, but Chanyeol kept himself at bay. Mentally, he was commanding the coordinator and the lighter director to break apart from one another, and graciously, life granted him his wish.

After jotting down a few things on his clipboard, Baekhyun fixed his earpiece and microphone as he usually did every other minute and began walking in the musician's direction. Satisfied with his silent victory, Chanyeol went on to strum his guitar once again, though it was only for show. He knew that.

"Alright, Mr. Park," Baekhyun greeted, though with no eye contact, "They're setting up the—Can you stop and listen for a minute?"

Ignoring the last part, Chanyeol tilted his head up to face Baekhyun, but the latter was far too sucked into his clipboard to notice. "When will you start addressing me as Chanyeol, Mr. Byun?"

"That's rather informal of you to even ask," Baekhyun replied sharply, tearing his eyes of his papers to look at him. "I've said it time after time. Have you been listening or have you gone deaf from playing your terrible ensemble again and again, one country after another? I won't be calling you by your first name, and that settles that. Now, the mic stand's being set up. We need to double check the sound so you need to—"

Tuning him out, Chanyeol lowered his head and began stroking the guitar's strings. "You had no problem screaming my name in bed back in Tokyo. I don't see why you can't address me by my first name now that we've—"

Even without looking to see the damage he'd done to his concert coordinator, Chanyeol could just sense the burning flame of hate raging from the man in front of him. However, it didn't bother him at all to have the perfectionist pricked and emotionally bleeding from the reminder of that night. In fact, he dwelled in it, satisfied with rendering the brunette speechless.

"You know what? Never mind," Baekhyun growled. His grip on the clipboard was so hard, Chanyeol could even hear it. "I asked you to do this simple thing. To double check the sound for the concert you're about to put on tomorrow, but I guess you're not up for it."