Chapter 6

The flight to Berlin, Germany was possible one of the more tense travel experiences Chanyeol's ever had. Other than trying to pretend Baekhyun didn't exist, still pissed about the entire personal assistant situation, Chanyeol had a good mind to bust the window open just to get rid of all the papers Baekhyun had out on his tray. In a world full of technology and handhelds, the musician couldn't fathom why it was so damn necessary to print every single detail of every business that the runt had, and when he bothered to ask midflight, Baekhyun only told him of how he preferred to feel things in paper rather than constantly click on different tabs and getting annoyed when clicking the wrong one.

On the brighter side of things, it wasn't too painfully awkward reverting to a more professional air. Small talk about possible album ideas and Baekhyun occasionally snorting at some of Chanyeol's contemplated song lyrics made the mood between them amicable enough to breathe easily. However, afterwards, they'd revert back to their usual silence. Oddly enough, it never occurred to Chanyeol how much busier Baekhyun was than him at times until he saw the brunette highlight and underline the fuck out of memos and printed reports.

When the pilot announced they were nearing the airport, Chanyeol watched as the coordinator began paper clipping his documents and putting them into a folder, which he promptly placed into a shoulder bag. All the while, the musician's thinking of how easier it'd all be with a laptop, but he decided to keep that opinion to himself.

Unlike the brunette who packed well ahead of time, Chanyeol didn't start putting his own things away until everyone else started rising from their seats to leave. Baekhyun was one of the first people to get into the aisle and get his bags from the overhead when the crew began unboarding people from first class. He packed lighter than Chanyeol, only having to carry a single red shoulder bag, so by the time the musician began getting up, Baekhyun was already strutting his way off the plane.

-

-

Security wasn't too heavy. The entire crew was able to make an exit out the front of the airport smoothly rather than the usual back. Chanyeol decided to continue with his immature act as if ignoring Baekhyun was considered a "punishment" for the runt. Against the male's vehement advice (or barking, in short), Chanyeol accepted gifts and took his sweet time signing autographs and taking photos with fans who were dedicated enough to wait.

Aware of his punishment for hiring a personal assistant, Baekhyun rolled his eyes after being ignored for the fifth time and proceeded to pass the fans screaming their love for the rockstar. The inside of the van that awaited all of them was a sanctuary. The longer he had to wait, however, the more pissed off he became. When Chanyeol finally joined him inside the vehicle, Baekhyun's temper was already ready to explode.

"Done?" Baekhyun asked curtly in a high pitched voice, clearly frustrated.

"Yep," Chanyeol nonchalantly said, pulling on his seat belt. "Quality time with fans is always good for the image, Mr. Byun."

"Yes, but it was a bit inconsiderate of you to keep others waiting when you knew that--"

"Kris, can you set up a massage appointment when we get to the hotel? I'm a little tired from the flight."

Being blatantly ignore was like being slapped on the face, but Baekhyun figured he deserved it--to an extent. He should've known Chanyeol wouldn't take to the idea of a personal assistant lightly, but it was the only way he knew he would be able to put a professioal distance between them.

Not surprisingly, Kris set up the appointment as soon as he could. With three days of leisure time before the actual concert business, everyone needed their time of relaxation. Chanyeol would've asked the princess if he wanted to join him, because the thought of the uptight coordinator naked and lathered with body oil was all too tempting, but then he realized the offer would've been too nice and out of character. He still needed to keep up a cold image.