Chapter 5

His paranoia proved to be right. Management usually kept the seats next to him in first class open just for his own comfort, but having Baekhyun take the seat right next to him wasn't all too unpleasant until the brunette decided to drop the bomb.

Just as the plane was heading to its runway, Baekhyun turned to him and said, "I talked to Kris, and it's been decided that when we land in Berlin, you'll have your own personal assistant."

The joy of having the coordinator as a company on the flight quickly withered. Chanyeol was unhappy to hear the news, even more so that it had all been discussed without his involvement. "I don't want a personal assistant."

Baekhyun cocked his head. "Mr. Park, you said that you had personal needs, so I suggested to Mr. Wu that we hire you an assistant. Actually, he was on your side until I began complaining about you constantly annoying me with requests that, well, shouldn't be handled by me at all."

Chanyeol could've laughed, but he didn't. "You won't even let me make up excuses to talk to you anymore?"

"You don't need an excuse to talk to me if it's something about the tour or anything that's considered professional, Chanyeol. I just don't want to mix business in with pleasure."

"There hasn't been any pleasure since Tokyo and that was how many countries ago?"

"Mr—"

Defiantely crossing his arms, Chanyeol pulled his seat belt tighter and pressed his back against his seat. "I don't want this assistant."

"But you have to take this."

"No, I don't!" Chanyeol snapped. He caught eyes watching them and cursed before lowering his voice. "I don't have to take in a goddamn assistant even if Kris says I do. Humor me some other way, Baekhyun, but unless you're the personal assistant, I'm going to have to politely refuse."

With brows drawn together, Baekhyun stared into his eyes incredulously. "Why do you want me so badly?"

"Because I do."

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun said, snapping his own seat belt as he talked over the usual instructional safety video at the beginning of every flight. "I never get personally involved with anyone from work. Office romance is a joke."

"But this isn't an office and it's not a joke," Chanyeol refuted.

"Okay, the office thing was just a general saying!"

"Fine, but for the love of god, why're you so goddamn scared!?"

"I'm not scared! I'm just not one of your dolls who you can fuck a few times and toss around!" Baekhyun hissed lowly. He reached over, rummaging through the provided magazines in the pocket of the seats in front of them. "Maybe you're just really wound up. Ah! Here. Sports Illustrated."

Chanyeol caught the magazine before it hit his chest. "What the fuck do you want me to do with this?"

"After the plane's off the ground and it's safe, you can go into the bathroom and take care of business."

"Oh, honey, if you think I'm going to masturbate to this, it really doesn't compare to what I've been fantasizing about every night. No, thanks," the musician said, putting the magazine back in the pouch.

Baekhyun watched in defeat. "What if you're just, oh, I don't know. Delusional? Like, I get it. You liked...that night, but Chanyeol, I assure you, you can get the same pleasure from anyone."

"True, but they don't have your face or your voice," Chanyeol replied nonchalantly as he reached into his bag on the ground and pulled out his ipod. "Sex was good between us once. It'll be just as good or even better the second, third, fourth, fifth, six, seventh, eighth—"

"Alright, I get it," Baekhyun said, groaning into his hands. "There's sexual chemistry, but I still can't."

"Hm, mind telling me why?"

"I do mind, actually."

Snorting, Chanyeol snapped his earphones in the device. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say we communicate better in bed than we do out of it," he said, clicking his tongue. "Do you have a boyfriend or something? Not that it matters."

Baekhyun jabbed him on the arm, lips tightly pressed together. "Do you ever stop to think about how complicated entire thing is? Because it's complicated as hell, Chanyeol. You don't exactly have a hot record of being committed to anyone, I was only supposed to be a coordinator, nothing more, and because of that stupid night, which is entire your fault, but I'll take the blame, too, everything's gone to shit. Now, I have to deal with this."

"So, what?"

Baekhyun grumbled something under his breath. He threw his head back and closed his eyes for a moment. The plane was beginning to pick up speed on the runway and the entire cabin was beginning to shake. "I'm saying I don't know how I feel about you. That's what I'm trying to say."

"If that's what you're going to give me for now, then fine, but that's easy to fix."

"No, it's not. You have a problem seeing the line that separates what's professional and what isn't." The plane began to lift, its engine loud for all to hear. "But with me, I'm having issues differentiating how I see you. The line that's hard for me to see is the one that deciphers whether I really like you for your disgustingly crude, selfish and sometimes charming self, or the fact that I'm just a fan who's merely flattered by the fact that you'd give me the time of day. So, I don't mean to be a bitch when I tell you that it's complicated, Mr. Park. Honestly."