settling in pt. uno

so, i like to read other fanfics and for some reason i noticed that shorter & less sophisticated ones were getting more attention

lk annoying but whatever, i write so much it's probably boring to read and my plot progresses slowly

and this is wattpad, if i wanted to to write something detailed with decent grammar i probs shouldve gone to fanfiction.net or ao3

or im just using it as an excuse to be lazy lol

anyways, timeline wise for this story, I'm probably not going to have the scenarios start for another 3+ chapters bcuz cale needs to make some money

my plan is for the scenarios to starts when cale and clopeh are 21, but ill try to make the next chapters interesting!

i was a bit inspired by lookism, i wonder if you can guess where i'm going with this lol

now how do i make this shorter?

"Underline" = speaking in Korean

------------------------

Krrrrr

Clopeh flinched as the car started, and glanced over to Cale hesitantly. His gaze was confused and distinctly uncomfortable.

"Is this some sort of carriage machine?" He asked Cale, who was gazing out the window.

Cale hummed. "Pretty much." He responded.

Clopeh looked around in wonder. "The technology in this world is amazing." He remarked. "It's far more advanced than anything I could ever imagine."

Cale nodded, his gaze still fixed on the view outside. "It's because the humans here couldn't rely on things like powers. Thus, they had to hone their intelligence instead."

"Hey, I don't know what you're talking about back there, but I just wanted to let you know it's going to take an hour or two to get there." Mr. Ho called from the front seat of the car.

Cale responded. "Okay mister, thanks for letting us know."

Afterwards Cale relayed Mr. Ho's words to Clopeh, who nodded in understanding.

"Cale-nim, if it's going to take that long you should get some sleep. I can watch over you." Clopeh offered.

Cale frowned and shook his head. "I'm fine, I'm not that tired. If anything we should spend this time working on your Korean." He grabbed Clopeh's satchel and began pulling out blank pieces of paper and a pen.

"First, let me teach you the characters you need to learn...."

-----{it feels ugly trying to rush this}--------------

Around and hour-and-a-half later they had arrived at an orphanage in central Seoul. They were in a busy looking neighborhood that had lots of traffic and ambient city noise.

On the corner of the street was a brick building that stood about 7 stories high and had many rooms. Mr. Ho parked his car in the small parking lot next to this building and motioned for everyone to exit. Cale helped Clopeh put his things away and they followed Mr. Ho into the front entrance.

Inside, they were greeted to a simple lobby and a sign that said 'Welcome to Orphanage #3!' At the front desk there was a stern looking middle aged woman who had stood up to meet them as they approached.

She bowed in greetings and spoke to Mr. Ho, "it's an honor to see you again sir. We heard that you were bringing some exceptional children and have prepared the best treatment for them." She glanced over to Cale and Clopeh and bowed to them in greetings as well.