He Knows a Little Too Much

Peter and Evie watched, hidden, as Doctor Strange moaned in agony as the sharp spikes stabbed his skin. "Painful aren't they?" Squidward asked. "They were originally designed for microsurgery. And any one of them..."

He turned to see Tony standing in his Iron Man suit, blasters pointed at him.

"...could end your friend's life in an instant."

"I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend," Tony responded. Evie stifled a snort. "Saving his life is more a professional courtesy."

The alien summoned a heavy... block... anvil? thingy, and then a robot leg. "You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine." Tony smirked slightly from under his mask. "Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies."

He fired a rocket from his shoulder which pierced the side of the ship and began to suck everything out. Dr. Strange started to follow everything else, but his cape wrapped around his arm at the last possible moment. 

Suddenly his arm slipped from it and he kept going. Peter shot a web at Strange with one hand and holds onto a piece of the ship with the other. It breaks, sending them both towards space before his Iron-Spider suit's metal arms braced him to keep him from being sucked out.

"Yes!" Peter shouted, happy that the suit his dad had made had saved him once again. "Thank you so much Karen!" 

"And dad," he muttered.

He pulled both of them back inside as Tony sprayed nanites onto the hole to plug it up, Evie helping by shooting ice. Peter and the Doctor hit the floor, no longer in danger of being sucked into the void of space. 

Peter stood up and tried to shake Strange's cape's "hand". 

"Hey, we haven't officially met," he said, thinking of all the times that the cape has helped him pull pranks. The cape (or Charles, as Peter had nicknamed him) ignored him and instead flew over to Strange. "Cool."

Dr. Strange turned towards Tony. "We've gotta turn this ship around." Tony rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Now he wants to run. Great plan."

"No, I want to protect the stone," he replied, exasperated.

"And I want you to thank me. Go ahead. I'm listening."

"For what? Nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical a**?" Tony had an arrogant look on his face and Evie sighed. "Me. I did."

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet." Strange retorted.

"Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused." Tony got up in his face.

"Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you."

"And due to that fact, we're now in a flying doughnut billions of miles away from Earth with no backup." 

"W-we're backup," Peter said hesitantly.

"No," Tony responded, "you're stowaways. The adults are talking."

"I'm sorry, I'm confused as to the relationship here. What is he, your ward?" Evie glared at him. "No."

"No," Peter said at the exact same time. "I'm Peter, by the way. That's Evie."

"Doctor Strange."

Peter blinked. "Oh, we're using our made-up names. Um... I'm Spider-Man, then." Evie sighed. "Peter."

"What?"

"He's an actual doctor."

"...oh."

"This ship is self-correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot." Tony and Strange were still talking.

"Can we control it? Fly us home?" Tony didn't make eye contact with him. Doctor Strange gave him a sharp look. "Stark?"

"Yeah," Tony asked.

"Can you get us home?"

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm thinking..." Peter tried desperately not to groan. "I'm not so sure we should."

"Under no circumstance can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here."

"No. It's you who doesn't understand." 

"I sense a rant coming on," Evie muttered.

"Thanos has been inside my head for six years... since he sent an army to New York, and now, he's back! And I don't know what to do. So I'm not so sure if it's a better plan to fight him on our turf or his, but you saw what they did, what he can do. At least on his turf, he's not expecting it. So I say we take the fight to him, Doctor. Do you concur?"

Doctor Strange paused, then nodded. "Alright, Stark. We go to him. But you have to understand... if it comes to saving you or the kids or the Time Stone, I will not hesitate to let any of you die. I can't because the fate of the universe depends on it."

"That's dark," Evie said to Peter. "Imagine if one of us actually dies." Peter laughed nervously.

"Good. Nice. Moral compass. We're straight." Tony turned towards the twins and put a hand on each of their shoulders. "Alright, guys. You're Avengers now."

Peter and Evie looked at Tony in disbelief, then nodded. "Yes!" Evie mouthed to Peter, and he smiled. 

He was planning on cherishing these last happy moments as much as he could before everything became chaos. If he failed, he needed something to hold on to.

-~-~-~-~-~-

May
Are Peter and Evie with you??

They aren't responding to me!

Ned
Uh

They're

Um

MJ
They're on the giant spaceship.

May
They're WHAT?!

-~-~-~-~-~-

Peter went over to try and talk to Charles again. Evie made to follow him, but Tony motioned her over to the side, looking serious.

"Have you noticed Peter acting different lately?"

She nodded. "He's been behaving strangely the past week. Ned said that he keeps hearing something coming from his closet." Tony frowned. "Do you have any idea what that is?"

Evie shook her head. "MJ thinks it's a person, but I mean, that's MJ for you. I doubt Peter would have an actual person in his closet." Tony nodded thoughtfully. "Keep an eye on him. Something doesn't seem quite right."

The two watched as Peter tried to do a sort of handshake with the cape. "The things he's saying, the way he's acting... it's almost as if he knows a little too much."

AGHFKYGVG I'M SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE
Life is crazy, we had Thanksgiving, I had writer's block...
I'm HOPING to update sooner than last time, but we'll just have to see how life goes. I hope y'all enjoyed!

~Morgan